HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Setup And Installation Solution
Have you bought a new HP LaserJet Pro M201dw printer for home or office printing needs? Great! It is one of the best monochrome single-function printers that come with cool printing features. You can set up this one like other printers straight out of the box.
The HP LaserJet Pro Printer setup includes both hardware and software installation. The first step of setup is unpacking. After that, you can begin the setup by installing the toner cartridge and loading the paper. We provide simple tips to easily set up the printer. Make use of it and get your printer ready to print the desired document.
Table Of Contents
- 123 HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Printer Unboxing & Setup—Five Quick Steps
- Latest HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Setup Driver and Manual Download
- HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Setup Driver Installation
- HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Setup for Wireless Connection
- Does HP Printer Offer a LaserJet Pro M201dw Solution?
HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Unboxing & Initial Setup
- Begin the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup by unboxing.
- Ensure to remove all the packing materials from the printer.
- Open the access door. The print cartridge is pre-installed on the printer. However, it is still packed. Remove the print cartridge from the printer and the packing material from inside the printer. Shake the print cartridge gently before inserting it into the printer.
- Load sufficient papers into the printer’s input tray. Make sure that the papers you have placed are compatible with the printer. After doing that, switch on your printer and configure the initial settings.
- Download and install the printer software to start the printer function. For this, you can use the setup CD-ROM that came with the printer as well as the downloaded driver file.
Latest HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Driver and Manual Download
HP Driver Installation for Windows
- Installing the full-feature printer driver is the best method to get the most out of your printer. Check the printer and operating system compatibility before starting the download process.
- Click the “Click to Download” button to get the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw driver download from this page.
HP Driver for Mac
- Always prefer using the most compatible and latest HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup file for Mac to install the printer on your computer.
- This way, you can perform the printer setup easily, quickly, and without problems on your computer. Click the download button to download the most compatible and latest printer driver for Mac with a single click.
Installing HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Driver
- Use the software CD or downloaded driver to install the printer and its driver on your Windows computer.
- Using the installation CD: Insert the setup CD-ROM into your computer’s disc tray.
- Run and execute the setup file.
- Complete the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup on your computer by following the instructions on the screen.
- Using the downloaded driver: Extract (if necessary) and open the downloaded driver file. Install the driver by following the prompts on the screen.
- Print a sample document after completing the driver installation. This will help you know whether the driver installation was done correctly or not. For any queries, contact our technical experts.
- Similar to the Windows operating system, you can download and install the printer driver for Mac OS using one of two methods: using the installation CD or downloading the driver from the website.
- The printer driver download process remains the same for Windows and Mac OS; they differ only in the setup file. The Mac OS setup file format is “.dmg.” Insert the disc into the computer’s disc drive.
- Ensure that the CD is free from scratches.
- Allow it to run and install the file on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing. If you find any issues during the installation, move on to the next step.
- Download the most compatible and latest printer driver from this page and use it to perform the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup on your Mac computer.
HP M201dw Wireless Setup
HP M201dw Wi-Fi Setup For Windows
Do you want to access your printer effortlessly from anywhere within the network’s range? If yes, set it up on your Windows computer over a wireless connection. Below are simple and quick steps that show how to connect your HP LaserJet Pro M201dw printer to a Windows computer over a wireless connection using the recommended printer software.
- Collect the required wireless network name and password to wirelessly connect the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw printer and Windows computer.
- Power on the printer, computer, and wireless router.
- Ensure that your computer (to which you wish to install the printer) is connected to the Wi-Fi network and that the printer is placed closer to the printer.
- Make sure that no cables are connected to the printer’s port.
- Download and install the correct 123 HP LaserJet Pro M201dw printer driver for your computer from this website.
- Choose the connection type as “Wireless”, and then click “Continue” when prompted.
- Enter the network name and password if prompted.
- Complete the installation process once the connection is established.
- Check the printer’s performance by printing a sample document using the printer.
Wi-Fi Connection With Mac
In the above section, we saw how to wirelessly connect this HP LaserJet Pro printer to Windows using the printer driver. You can use the same procedure if you wish to perform the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup on Mac over a wireless network using the printer software.
The overall process is the same, even if the OS types are different. Here, we will see how to connect the HP LaserJet printer to Wi-Fi using the Push Button Method of WPS.
- Get a WPS-enabled wireless router.
- Turn on the computer, the wireless router, and the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s Wi-Fi button.
- Release the button once the Wi-Fi light starts flashing.
- Press the WPS button on the router (that you’re using).
- Ensure to do this within 2 minutes.
- Connect the Mac computer to the same network now.
- Download and run the HP M201dw setup file for Mac on your computer.
- Complete the rest of the wireless setup by following the on-screen prompts.
HP LaserJet Pro M201dw Printer Solution
How to Print Photos (Windows)
- The best way to get professional print quality is by using a suitable paper type and by configuring the proper print job settings.
- Priorto inserting the papers inside the tray, Fill the printer’s input tray with enough paper.
- Make the necessary changes to the settings prior to starting the print job.
- Choose Windows Photo Viewer or Paint, click Print, and then select the Document properties option to access more layout options.
- After changing the settings, Click OK and choose the Print option. The printer starts to print the required photo.
- For any queries, Click the toll-free button provided on this page to contact us.
How to Scan (Windows)
As mentioned earlier, the LaserJet Pro M201dw printer from HP is a single-functional printer that only supports printing. Using this LaserJet printer, you can perform 1-sided printing and manual 2-sided printing. The procedure for the same is provided on this page.
HP LaserJet Duplex Printing
- Make use of the two-sided printing option to print both sides of the page, which helps you reduce paper usage by 50%.
- Load the required amount of plain white paper into the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup printer’s input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- Click File, choose Properties, and then select the Two-Sided Printing, 2-Sided Printing, or Duplex Printing (Manual) option. Choose between binding and page-flipping based on your needs.
- Select OK, and then click on the Print option. Selecting “continue” means that the printer will start printing the other side of the document.
- Contact us if you find any issues while printing a document.
How To Check Toner Level In HP LaserJet Printer
- Estimate the HP Laserjet Pro M201dw toner level regularly to find the ink or toner cartridge level. This way, you can avoid running out of toner when printing in bulk.
- Ensure to replace the toner cartridge as early as possible if you find the toner level is low or empty.
- Make use of the printer’s control panel and the EWS page to check the toner level of the cartridge.
- Press OK on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose Reports > Supply Status and press OK to view the level of toner.
- Go to the printer’s EWS page. Here, click on the Home tab and choose Supplies Status. The estimated level of the toner will appear on the screen.
- Replace the toner cartridge if the estimated level is low or empty.
We saw how to perform the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw setup for the first time, connect the printer to Wi-Fi, print a document with the printer, and check the toner level in the cartridge. Feel free to reach out to us if you need real-time assistance in performing the setup or HP LaserJet Pro M201dw toner replacement. We are always here to assist you.