HP ENVY Printers »
- HP ENVY Pro 6455 Printer Setup
HP ENVY PRO 6455 PRINTER SETUP
HP ENVY Pro 6455 or 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 is an All-in-One printer that comes with a Smart contextual UI buttons light up, 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF), and mobile printing & automatic duplex printing features.
The 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer can be easily set up with the quick steps given below.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect the printer to an electrical outlet with the help of the supplied power cord.
- Wait until the printer is powered on automatically.
- Install the printer software on your computer with the setup CD or HP Smart app.
- After completing the software installation, pull out the paper input tray from the printer.
- Load a stack of legal white paper into the paper tray and adjust them with the paper-width guides.
- Push the paper input tray back into the 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer and open the ink access door.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the protective tapes.
- Install the ink cartridges one by one into the carriage without touching the copper-colored parts.
- After installing the ink cartridges, lower the ink access door and configure the necessary settings.
- For mobile printing, download and install the HP Smart app from the Google Play Store or App Store app.
HP ENVY PRO 6455 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
A printer driver is a software that is responsible for the communication between the printer and the computer. You can download the printer driver by merely clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. Alternatively, it can be downloaded from the official HP site with the help of the below-mentioned steps.
- Before downloading the printer driver, remove the previously installed printer driver on your computer.
- Close all the running programs and open the default browser.
- Navigate to the official HP site and enter your 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Press the Enter button and click the Software, Drivers, and Firmware button.
- Click the Choose a different OS link and select the OS running on your computer.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click the Download or Get the App button.
- Wait until the download is complete.
- After downloading the printer driver, navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Run the installer file to begin the driver installation process.
HP ENVY PRO 6455 DRIVER INSTALL
You can install the HP printer driver with the help of the HP Easy Start software. To install the driver on your Mac and Windows 10 computers, use the HP Smart app.
- Carry out these steps to install the printer driver on your Windows computer:
- First, turn the HP printer and the computer on.
- Make sure that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Ensure that you have removed the previously installed HP printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Do not connect the printer and the computer until prompted during the driver installation.
- Launch the HP Easy Start software and agree to the EULA.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and execute the connection between the printer and the computer.
- You can select either the wired, wireless, or USB connection as your connection type.
- Finish the installation and verify the printer function by printing/scanning a test document remotely from the computer to the 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer.
HP ENVY PRO 6455 WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless Setup using the WPS Push Button Method:
- Before connecting the HP ENVY Pro 6455 printer to the wireless network, check whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Turn on the computer and connect it to the same wireless network.
- Make sure that the printer is placed close to the Wi-Fi router and the computer.
- Navigate to the 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer’s control panel and press the Wireless + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Hold them for at least 3 seconds.
- Next, go to the Wi-Fi router and locate the WPS button.
- Press and hold it for 5 seconds.
- This process should be executed within 2 minutes.
- Once the printer detects the wireless network and connects to it, the Wireless indicator light on the printer will turn into solid purple.
- Now, install the printer software on your computer and make sure to choose Wireless as your connection type.
- After installing the printer driver, verify the printer function.
HP ENVY PRO 6455 USB SETUP
Carry out these steps to set up the HP ENVY Pro 6455 printer to a computer with the USB connection:
- Before installing the printer driver on your computer, remove any previously installed HP printer driver.
- Disable the firewall and security software.
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer if it is already connected.
- Make sure that the printer is powered on.
- Insert the setup CD into the computer’s CD/DVD drive and run the setup file to launch the HP Easy Start software.
- If you have downloaded the HP Easy Start software from the official HP site, go to the Downloads folder and launch the setup file.
- If your Windows computer prompts the User Account Control window, click the Yes button to allow the app to make changes to the device.
- Once the HP Easy Start software is launched, connect the HP ENVY Pro 6455 printer and the computer using a standard USB cable.
- In the HP Easy Start window, enable the I have read and agree to the End User License Agreement and HP Privacy Statement checkbox and click Continue.
- On the Printer found screen, click the Continue button if the 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer has been detected automatically.
- Otherwise, click the My Printer is Not Shown button and follow the on-screen prompts to connect the printer to the computer.
- On the Choose your software and driver screen, click the Full software and drivers (Recommended) radio button and select Continue.
- If you wish to customize the software selection, click the Customize Software Selections button.
- Wait until the 123.HP.com/ENVY6455 printer components are installed appropriately on your computer.
- Next, click the Finish button to complete the installation.