- 123.hp.com »
- HP Officejet Pro 8034e Setup
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Setup – Complete Guidelines
EA printer must be unpacked and set up properly to utilize its features completely and, most importantly, to access the machine without a problem. Almost all the printer setup processes are pretty easy to perform. However, the procedure for the same might vary a little bit based on the printer model and region. On this page, we shall look at the HP Officejet Pro 8034e Setup.This setup guide also helps you download the most compatible and latest printer driver for your OS type, set up the printer for wireless communication, prepare the printer for print and scan operations, and do so much more. Now, we will help you learn about the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e unboxing and setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Unboxing – Ten Simple Steps
In ten simple steps, you can unbox and set up your HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer. The below section explains the same.
- Unbox the printer. As mentioned in the introduction, the printer must be unpacked properly. So, begin with unpacking your printer. Remove all the packing materials from the printer without fail.
- Switch on your OfficeJet printer. To do so, connect it directly to an electrical outlet. The printer will turn on automatically.
- Configure the initial settings, such as language, region, etc., when prompted to do so.
- Complete the printer’s hardware setup steps one by one. Open the printer access door. Unpack and install genuine HP ink cartridges on your printer. Close the door.
- Open the input tray. Remove the cardboard pieces if present. Now, get the paper type that suits your printing from the recommended list.
- Move the guides to the ends. Place the prepared paper into the tray with its printable side facing down. Adjust the guides. Close the input tray. Open the output tray and its extension.
- Align the printhead. Once you complete the printer’s hardware setup, the printer will automatically print an alignment page. Place and scan the page to align the printhead.
- Install the printer on your computer to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8034e setup.
- For the latest Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android: Install the HP Smart app on your device. Set up the printer on your device by following the on-screen instructions. Activate the HP+ feature if prompted.
- For Windows 7 OS and older versions of macOS: Download and run the HP Easy Start software file for your OS type. Install the printer on your device over a wireless, wired, or USB connection by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Driver Download
Installing the most compatible and latest printer driver is paramount. This will help you access the latest printer functions easily and avoid many printer-related issues. Generally, the printer manufacturer provides the most compatible and latest printer driver for almost all OSs on the respective printer’s support page.
- Go to your printer’s support page. Click Software, Drivers and Firmware > Go.
- Now, the software & driver download screen displaying the printer drivers available for your current OS type will open.
- Choose the printer driver you want and download it.
Do you want to download the latest and most compatible HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer driver for your computer OS type with a single click? If yes, click on the button below.
For Windows 7 or older versions of macOS:
For Windows 10 or the latest version of macOS:
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Driver Install
Install the HP Easy Start software on your computer within minutes by following the step-by-step instructions below.
- Open and run the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e setup file for Windows or Mac on your computer.
- Choose the driver(s) that you wish to install when prompted.
- Type in your computer’s admin password if prompted.
- Now, the selected printer drivers will start installing on your computer.
- Install the printer on your computer over a wireless, USB, or wired connection by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Manual
Download the soft copy of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer manual with a single click by clicking the button below.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Wired Setup
Setting up the printer on a computer using the wired connection type is the best choice for fast data transfer. This section will show you how you can set up the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer on your computer over a wired connection.
Preparing For The Wired Setup
Before you begin the wired setup, prepare your printer, computer, and network device (router or modem) for the same. This will help you perform the wired setup quickly and, most importantly, without an error.
- Ensure that your network device, printer, and computer are turned on.
- Connect your router or modem to a stable internet connection if it is not yet connected.
- Connect your laptop or desktop (on which you wish to install the printer) to the same network device (to which you’re about to connect the printer) over a wired or wireless connection.
- Get the Ethernet cable recommended for your printer if it is not provided during the purchase.
- Ensure that your OfficeJet printer is placed close to the router.
Connecting The Printer To Your Router
- Get the Ethernet cable. Plug the cable directly from your HP OfficeJet printer’s Ethernet port to the router’s Ethernet port.
- Wait for a few seconds. After that, open the HP Smart app on the computer (that is connected to the same network).
- Click Add Printer when prompted.
- Set up your HP OfficeJet printer on the computer over a wired connection by following the rest of the instructions.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Wireless Setup
If you want to easily access your HP OfficeJet printer anywhere within the network range, setting it up on a computer or smartphone over a wireless network is the best choice. You can set up this OfficeJet printer for wireless communication in two different ways.
- Using the HP Smart app (suitable for the latest Windows, Mac, and smartphone users)
- Using the printer’s control panel (WPS or Wi-Fi Setup Wizard)
We have covered an overview of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e wireless setup using these two methods in the sections below. Read both the methods to choose the right and easy one for your wireless setup.
Wi-fi Setup Using The Hp Smart App
To perform the Wi-Fi setup using the HP Smart app, the printer should be either in the Wi-Fi Setup mode or connected to a stable wireless connection. The Wireless setup mode activates on your printer when you turn it on for the first time. This mode lasts for only 2 hours from the second you turn on the printer.
You have to restore the printer’s network settings to their defaults to put it back in the Wi-Fi Setup mode. Refer to the instructions given below in the ‘Wi-Fi Setup Using The Printer’s Control Panel’ section to connect your OfficeJet Pro printer to the wireless network.
Open the HP Smart app on the device that is connected to a stable internet connection.Perform the on-screen instructions to set up your printer on the computer or smartphone over a wireless connection.
Restoring The HP Printer Network Settings
Open the Wireless Settings screen. Tap on the Restore Network Settings option.
Wi-fi Setup Using The Printer’s Control Panel
- First, connect your router to a stable internet connection. (If you are looking to use the WPS method, get the WPS-enabled router and connect it to the Internet).
- Now, open the printer’s Dashboard. Choose Wireless > Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi feature is enabled on the Wireless Settings screen.
- Choose any one of the Wi-Fi setup options from the available list.
- Connect your HP OfficeJet printer to the wireless network by following the on-screen instructions.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Print Setup
You can print or scan a document with your printer once you complete the HP Officejet Pro 8034e setup. However, you need to do a couple of things to perform the print or scan operation smoothly and quickly.
Prepare your HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer for printing by following the instructions below.
First Things First
- Ensure that your OfficeJet printer is turned on and connected to the computer or smartphone.
- Check if the latest and most compatible printer driver is installed on your computer. If not, install it.
- Ensure that the input tray has enough paper and the genuine HP ink cartridges are installed correctly in their slots.
Printing Using The HP Smart App
- Open the app on your device.
- Ensure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer is selected.
- Now, tap or click on the Print Photos or Print Documents tab.
- Configure the print settings as per your preferences and tap or click Print.
Printing Using The Software
- Open the soft copy of the original on the application that supports the print function.
- Click Print. Now, the Print dialog box will open.
- Ensure that your printer model is selected.
- Configure the number of printouts, media type, and other print settings as per your preferences and click Print.
- If the printer prints the selected document successfully, it means that the print setup is done correctly. Otherwise, reconfigure the print settings and try to print the document.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Scan Setup
You can scan an original from your printer’s scanner glass, software, the HP Smart app, or using a web browser with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer. Read the information below to learn more about the same.
Use the printer’s scanner glass or ADF to load the original you want to scan.
Using The Printer Software
- Open the printer software. Go to the Print, Scan & Fax menu followed by the Scan section.
- Click on the option named ‘Scan A Document or Photo.’ Now, a new dialog box will open.
- Choose the scan type and configure the scan settings as per your preferences. Finally, click Scan.
Using A Web Browser
- First, check if the Webscan feature is enabled on your printer.
- If not, go to the printer’s EWS page. Click Settings > Security > Administrator Settings > Webscan from EWS > Apply.
- Go to the Scan tab. Click on Webscan. Configure the scan settings and click Start Scan.
From The Printer’s Control Panel
- Locate and tap on the Scan tab on your printer’s home screen.
- Now, the screen asking you to choose the scan destination will open.
- So, select the destination and tap Scan.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Troubleshooting
There is no such printer problem that you can’t resolve. Almost all printer problems are well-known ones, and they can be solved by yourself. This section will teach you how to resolve some frequently-occurring HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer issues.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Not Printing Issues
Is your HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer not printing? If yes, resolve this printer problem in no time using the easy and simple techniques below.
- Restart your printer and computer.
- Check to ensure that the printer’s input tray has enough paper and the ink cartridges are installed correctly.
- Check if the print settings, such as printer model, print type, etc., are configured correctly. If not, reconfigure them.
- Check if an error code or message is displayed on the computer or printer screen. If yes, clear it and then perform the print operation.
- Remove and re-add your printer to the computer. Ensure that the devices are on the same network.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Not Connecting To Wi-fi
- First, check if the devices are placed close to each other. If not, place the printer closer to your router.
- Next, make sure that the USB or Ethernet cable is not connected to the printer.
- Check if you’re trying to connect your printer to the recommended Wi-Fi connection. If not, use the recommended connection type.
- Temporarily disable the security software if you have enabled any.
- Ensure that your router is connected to a stable internet connection.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Not Scanning Issues
- Ensure that the latest and most compatible scanner driver is installed on your computer.
- Check if the scan settings are configured correctly. If not, reconfigure them.
- Check and load the original document correctly on the scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Ensure that your OfficeJet Pro printer is securely connected to the computer.
- Restart your printer and then perform the scan operation.
HP Officejet Pro 8034e Offline
- Ensure that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8034e printer is turned on.
- Check the printer status on your computer. If it says Offline, open the printer’s Properties window and check if the Use Printer Offline option is selected. If yes, deselect it.
- Also, ensure that the Pause Printing option is disabled.
- Check and set your HP OfficeJet printer as the default machine on the computer if you haven’t done it yet. Ensure that the devices are on the same network.
- Re-add the printer. Reset the printing system on your computer. Update or reinstall the printer driver on your computer if the existing one is outdated or incompatible.
Contact us for further assistance in HP officejet pro 8034e setup using the Call button.