- 123.hp.com »
- HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup
123 HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup
Once you purchase your printer, you should set it up in the proper manner to get started with your printing jobs. In case you’re completely new to the world of printers or need help getting started with your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer, read this page and learn the exact procedure. The overall process is very simple; you are just going to 123 HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup and unbox the printer and connect it to your computer. Once you finish this process, you can go ahead and start printing! Let’s start learning how to set up the multifunctional HP Smart Tank 6001 printer.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Unboxing Setup
Unboxing is the initial step in setting up your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer, and it can take just a few minutes. Refer to these instructions and complete the 123 HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup.
Unpack Your HP Smart Tank 6001 Printer
- Open the product box and take out your printer along with its accessories.
- Your package includes the printer, printheads, ink bottles, power cord, and a quick setup guide.
- Remove all the packing materials from your printer and its components.
- Ensure that you have received all these items without any damage.
123 HP Smart Tank 6001 Connect The Power Cord
- Connect the power cord to your printer’s power port and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer by pressing its Power button.
- Now, the LED will light up.
Fill The HP Smart Tank 6001 Ink Tanks
- Open one of the ink bottles and remove its cap.
- Open the ink access door followed by the tank cover.
- Now, align the ink bottle with the appropriate inlet and wait until the tank gets filled.
- Repeat the process for the remaining ink tanks. But, ensure you are filling the tanks according to the color indications.
Install The HP Smart Tank 6001 Printheads
- Open the printhead cover and unpack one of the supplied printheads.
- Start inserting the printheads into the appropriate slots and press them until they snap into their holders.
- Finally, close the tank cover followed by the ink access door.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Load Your Paper
- Extend the paper input tray and move the paper width guides to the extreme ends.
- Take a stack of paper and fan the sheets neatly.
- Load the stack into the input tray with the print side facing down.
- Fit the guides firmly against the stack and reinsert the input tray into the printer.
- Now, your printer starts printing a printhead alignment page.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Scan The Printhead Alignment Page
- Lift the scanner cover and place the printhead alignment page with the scan side facing down, but don’t forget to align it to fit the corner markings.
- Lower the scanner unit and press the Copy button on your printer control panel.
- Now, continue with the on-screen instructions to scan the page.
Get The Appropriate Manual And Driver For Your Hp Smart Tank 6001 Printer
HP Smart Tank 6001 Manual Download
The printer manual can give you legitimate information about your printer. It can guide you through the connection setup, troubleshooting a problem, and much more. To get the manual for your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer in just a single click, hit the Manual Download button on this page.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Driver Download (Windows)
The printer driver is responsible for transmitting the data between the devices (printer and computer). Without this software component, you cannot access your printer from your computer at all. Click the Driver Download button right away to get the compatible driver at a blazing speed.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Driver Download (Mac)
Printer drivers are essential to print documents in the most efficient manner possible. It doesn’t matter how you connect your printer and computer; the appropriate driver is compulsory. Do you find it to be a strenuous process to get the software from HP’s official website? Don’t worry; just click the Driver Download button and get the compatible software.
Download And Install The HP Smart Tank 6001 Printer Driver
HP Smart Tank 6001 Driver Installation For Windows
- From your default browser, visit HP’s official website.
- Enter HP Smart Tank 6001 in the search area and click Submit.
- When it directs you to the product support page, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Now, choose the driver you need and click the Download button.
- Locate the downloaded software on your computer and run the setup file.
- If User Account Control pops up, click Yes to proceed further.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Driver Installation For Mac
- Open your browser and visit HP’s official website.
- Enter your printer model (HP Smart Tank 6001) in the search field and go to its support page.
- Here, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Now, select the most appropriate driver and click Download.
- Run the setup file and enter your Mac’s administrator password when prompted.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Wireless Setup
The wireless setup includes connecting the printer to your wireless network and establishing a wireless connection between your printer and computer. Follow these instructions to learn the exact procedure.
- Connect your printer to your wireless network.
- To begin with, ensure that your printer and router are not far from each other.
- Press your printer’s Wi-Fi button and hold it for 3 seconds; this will start the WPS mode.
- Within two minutes, head to your router and press the WPS button.
- Once a direct connection is established between your HP Smart Tank printer and router, the Wi-Fi light will stop blinking and remain lit.
- Now, connect your computer to the same router and start printing wirelessly using the printer software.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Print Setup
- Before printing your documents, ensure that you have installed the compatible software on your computer.
- First, open the document/image you want to print.
- Click the File menu in your application and click Print.
- Click the Properties/Preferences option to open the printer software.
- Here, ensure that your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer is selected correctly.
- If necessary, change the appropriate print settings and click OK> Print.
- Now, your printer starts printing your documents.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Scan Setup
- Place your originals on the scanner glass and align them according to the corner markings.
- Click the Start menu and open the HP printer software.
- Click Scan> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Now, select the scan type you prefer (JPEG or PDF).
- If you want to modify the scan settings, click the More link at the top-right corner and make the appropriate changes to your document.
- Finally, click the Scan button.
- Your printer will start scanning the documents and save them to the specified destination.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Copy Setup
- Load enough sheets into the input tray.
- Place your originals into the document feeder/scanner glass.
- On your printer control panel, press the Black Copy or Color Copy button.
- If you want to increase the required number of copies, press and hold the same button multiple times.
Fix: HP Smart Tank 6001 Troubleshooting
Sometimes, you may experience problems with your printer. This is because many factors can affect its performance, including the driver, hardware components, and printer settings. In some instances, you cannot identify the exact cause. In that scenario, you can try out some troubleshooting solutions to get the issue fixed.
[Solved] HP Smart Tank 6001 Not Printing
Check The Connection
- Make sure that the printer’s power cord and USB cable are connected properly and not twisted or kinked. Also, make sure they are plugged in firmly to the appropriate ports to avoid any possible issues during the printing operation.
- If you have connected your HP printer and computer via Wi-Fi, ensure they are connected to the same network. Connecting them to different networks will make it impossible to access your printer from the computer.
Set Your HP Smart Tank 6001 Printer As The Default Machine
- Setting your printer as the default one allows your computer to send the right jobs to the right printer every time.
- Click Start and search for Control Panel.
- From the search results, click on the right option.
- When directed to the Control Panel section, click Hardware and Sound.
- On the next screen, click Devices and Printers.
- Now, right-click on your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer and select the Set as default printer option.
Disable Pause HP Smart Tank 6001 Printing
- If you have enabled Pause Printing, your printer will not print anything.
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer tab and ensure that Pause Printing is turned off. If this option is enabled, uncheck it and ensure that your printer is printing.
[Solved] HP Smart Tank 6001 Offline
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Enabling Use Printer Offline can stop your printer from appearing online. To fix this issue, you must disable this option.
- Click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer and select See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer menu and ensure that Use Printer Offline is disabled.
Update The HP Smart Tank 6001 Driver To The Recent Version
- If your printer is offline, update your driver as soon as possible. Doing so can resolve most problems quickly and easily. For your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer, you can get the updated software from its official website. Get the software and
- install it on your computer by following the instructions on the screen.
- Now, ensure that your printer appears online.
Restart The Print Spooler Service
- You can rectify many printer problems by restarting the print spooler service.
- First, open the Run box (Windows + R).
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Services window, right-click on Print Spooler and select Stop.
- After a few minutes, right-click on the same option again and select Restart.
[Solved] HP Smart Tank 6001 Paper Jam
A paper jam can occur anywhere on your printer, including the input tray, output tray, document feeder, inside the printer, and the rear of the printer. The following instructions will show you how to remove the jammed paper from a specific location.
- If the jam has occurred in the input or output tray, remove the duplexer plate and carefully remove all the jammed paper. Then, reinsert the duplexer plate into the appropriate holder and reinsert the output/input tray into the printer.
- If the jam has occurred inside the printer, raise the ink access door. Then, carefully remove the jammed paper and close the ink access door.
- If the paper jam has occurred at the printer’s rear section, open the printer’s rear door. Then, remove all the jammed paper carefully and close the rear door.
- If the jam has occurred in the document feeder, open its cover. Then, remove all the jammed paper and close the document feeder cover.