- 123.hp.com »
- 123 HP Printer Is Displaying A 79 Error
123 HP Printer Is Displaying A 79 Error – Best Solutions
An error code appears for a variety of reasons. But, when you figure out the exact cause, you can get the issue fixed in just a few minutes. Generally, HP printers work well without giving you any trouble. However, if you encounter an error code on your HP printer, you should take some steps to fix the problem. This page is all about what to do if you get the 123 HP Printer Is Displaying A 79 Error.
Run 123 HP Printer Troubleshooter
Many printer problems can be effectively resolved by using your computer’s built-in troubleshooter. Try the following solutions and see if they work.
- To begin with, click Start on your Windows computer and search for devices.
- From the search results, click the Devices and Printers option.
- On the page that displays, right-click your printer and select Troubleshoot.
- This utility will complete the initial scan and help you resolve the issue.
- Now, check to see if the error code 79 is gone.
Disable Ipv6 Protocol – 123 HP Printer
- Disabling the IPv6 protocol can fix some error codes on your HP printer. If you are unsure about the procedure, implement these instructions.
- Press Windows + I to go to the Settings section of your Windows computer.
- Click on Network & Internet in the left panel and then choose “Change adaptor options.”
- In the new dialog box that displays, click the Networking tab.
- Click the Properties button and deselect the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- Now, you just have to restart your computer and see if your HP printer’s error code 79 is resolved.
Try Updating The Driver – 123 HP Printer
- It is always important to keep your printer driver up to date to ensure proper functioning of your HP printer. If it is outdated, you will end up in trouble. So, here are the instructions to update your printer’s software.
- To update your printer driver, go to HP’s website.
- Enter your printer model and download the updated software compatible with your operating system.
- Find the software in the Downloads folder of the computer and then run the setup file.
- Go ahead with the on-screen instructions and install the software on your computer.
Power Cycle Your 123 HP Printer
A simple power cycle can clear the error code 79 on the printer. Follow these steps to do the same.
- With the HP printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the Power port.
- Now, remove the power cord from the power source.
- Wait at least 1 minute.
- Reconnect the power cord to the appropriate port on the printer and plug the opposite end into the power source.
- Suppose you are using a surge protector, remove it and plug the power cord directly into the power source.
- Now, just turn on your HP printer and wait for it to initialize.
- When the printer is ready, verify that the error 79 is gone.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have really helped you fix the 123 HP printer is displaying a 79 error. For further queries and clarifications, get in touch with our technical experts by making use of the call option.