- 123.hp.com »
- Cant Access EWS On HP Printer
Cant Access Embedded Web Server On HP Printer
Every device that connects to Internet has a unique IP address. When you connect your devices over a network, they use their IP addresses to communicate with each other. By default, printers use a dynamic IP address, which will change now and then. If you face problems while connecting to your HP printer, the final resort will be updating the IP address. This web page will show you the procedure in detail.
Restart Your Printer And Computer
- First, unplug the power cord from the rear section of your printer.
- Also, disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- In case you have connected the USB cable, disconnect it immediately.
- Now, close all the programs on your computer.
- Go to the Windows menu and click the Power option.
- Choose the Restart option.
- Wait until your computer turns on.
- Now, reconnect the power cord to the printer’s back and plug the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your printer and connect it to your computer.
- Check whether the issue is solved.
- If it doesn’t work, perform the below instructions.
Factory Reset Using The Printer’s Control Panel
- Make sure to turn on your HP printer.
- Now, go to the printer’s control panel and swipe the screen downward to open the dashboard.
- Tap the Setup icon.
- Go to the Printer Maintenance option and touch it.
- Tap the Restore option from the list.
- Touch the Restore Settings option on the printer screen.
- Now, you need to tap on the Restore Network Defaults option.
- Wait patiently for some time to finish the resetting process.
- You will find that the HP printer restarts automatically.
- Connect your printer to the computer and check if you can access the printer’s Embedded Web Server.
- If not, you have to update the printer firmware by following the below steps.
Updating Your Printer Firmware
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Now, type in the URL of the official support page of your printer and press the Enter key.
- Pick the Support tab at the top of the window and select the Software and drivers option from the list.
- Choose the Printer category.
- On the next page, input your HP printer model name (under the Enter your product name field) and click on the Submit button.
- Search the Firmware section and select it.
- Choose the desired firmware file and click on the Download button.
- Now, the printer’s firmware will start to download on your computer.
- After completing the download, launch the executable file and then begin the installation process.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete updating the firmware of your printer.
- Once it is completed, try to access your printer’s Embedded Web Server on your computer.
Hope you have now fixed the issue “Can’t access Embedded Web Server on HP printer.” So, with the EWS service, you can manage the settings, get updates, perform and maintain tasks, etc. In case you have any other issues with your printer, contact our technical experts using the call option.