- 123.hp.com »
- Can’t Communicate Or Connect to HP Printer Scanner
Solved: Cant Communicate Or Connect To HP Printer Scanner
If the driver cannot communicate with your HP printer scanner, there may be a problem with your connection, driver, or print settings. However, some troubleshooting solutions can help you fix this problem like an expert. Let’s learn the techniques one by one.
Check The Connection
- If you have connected your HP printer and your computer over Wi-Fi, ensure they are connected to the same network. If you connect them to different networks, your computer will not be able to communicate with the printer. So, connecting the devices to the same network solves the problem.
- If you have connected the printer and computer via USB, make sure the USB cable is working and is firmly connected at both ends. In case the cable is damaged, replace it as soon as possible.
- Also, ensure the HP printer is turned on and connected to a working electrical outlet. By plugging another device into the outlet, you can quickly identify the exact problem.
Update Your Software To The Latest Version
- A printer driver establishes communication between the printer and the computer. If this is outdated, there will be a communication breakdown between your printer and computer.
- If the driver is corrupted, uninstall it from your computer and reinstall the same driver. If it is outdated, get the latest one from HP’s official website and install it on your computer.
- Make use of your browser to access the official HP website. Enter your printer model and download the driver for your operating system. Then go ahead with the on-screen instructions and install the driver on your computer. Hopefully, this should work.
Power Cycle Your HP Printer And Restart The Computer
A simple power cycle can often effectively resolve many printer problems. To continue, follow these steps:
- With the HP printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the connector on the back.
- Next, just unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 5 minutes. Reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and turn on the printer.
- Also, restart your computer and ensure your problem is fixed.
Diagnose Problems Using The HP Print And Scan Doctor Tool
- Obtain the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool from the official HP website and install it on your computer.
- Open the app, click the Start button, and add your printer.
- On the next screen, click the Fix Scanning button.
- The app will now automatically start diagnosing and fixing the problem.
Check Windows Image Acquisition Settings
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) ensures stable communication between your computer and scanner. If it is not running properly, there will be a communication breakdown between your devices.
- On your Windows computer, search for View Local Services. Click the correct option in the search results. Next, check the status of the Windows Image Acquisition service.
- If the status is “started” or “running” and the startup type is “automatic,” WIA is working properly. If the status is disabled or blank, right-click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) option and select Properties.
- Click the General tab and select the Automatic option from the Startup type dropdown menu. Under the Service Status option, click Start.
- WIA should now run correctly. Try scanning your document to make sure it works.
We hope the printer driver can now communicate with the HP printer scanner. If the issue still persists, you can contact our technical experts for real-time assistance. Our experienced professionals look forward to solving your Cant Communicate or Connect to HP Printer Scanner problems. Contact us using the Call button on this page.