- 123.hp.com »
- Cant Connect My HP Printer To Wi-Fi
Can’t Connect To HP Wireless Printer – 5 Tips
If you are unable to connect your HP wireless printer to the network, you cannot be able to establish communication between your devices. In this case, you might not be able to utilize your HP printer features from your computer or any other devices. In order to fix this problem, you can utilize the relevant troubleshooting solutions that are provided on this page.
Check The Connection Between Your Devices
- First, you need to ensure that the power cord is securely connected to your printer and turned on.
- Suppose, you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected securely.
- If you find any defect with the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- In case you have connected the printer and computer using a Wi-Fi network, ensure they are on the same network.
- Now, check whether your printer is connected to the wireless network.
- If your printer can’t find wi-fi issue continues, follow the below instructions.
Stop And Restart The Print Spooler
- To begin with, click on the Start menu on your Windows computer.
- Type “services” in the search box at the bottom of the window.
- Next, choose the Services option from the search results.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option and select Stop.
- Next, search for the respective print spooler folder on your computer.
- Pick all the files in the name of the printer’s folder and press the Delete key.
- Now, right-click on the Print Spooler option in the Services window.
- Pick the Start option from the pop-up menu.
- Now, check whether the issue is solved.
- In case the issue persists, perform the below steps.
Use HP Print And Scan Doctor
- Launch a browser and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
- On the welcome screen, click the Start button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to fix the connection problem.
- Still if you have “i can’t connect my HP wireless printer” issue, perform the below steps.
Ensure The Port Settings
- First, restart your computer.
- Now, turn off the printer and wireless router.
- Wait for some time and turn on your printer and the wireless router.
- Make sure to connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Next, open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- Right-click on your printer and choose the Properties option from the drop-down list.
- Here, select the Ports tab and check all the port settings. In case you want to make any changes to these settings, you can do it now.
- Next, check if your printer can be connected to the Wi-Fi network. If not, try to reinstall the driver on your computer by following the below steps.
Reinstall The Printer Driver
- Select the Start button on your Windows computer’s main screen and open Control Panel.
- Here, choose the Programs option.
- In the next window, click on the Programs & Features option from the list.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer driver.
- Select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click the Uninstall button.
- Once the HP printer driver is uninstalled from your computer, reinstall it using the software CD or visit the printer’s official support page and download the compatible driver.
You can troubleshoot your “can’t connect to HP wireless printer” issue by following the above instructions. In case you have any other issues with your printer, you can contact our technical experts using the call button on this page.