- 123.hp.com »
- Computer Not Found On HP Printer Scanner
Solved: Computer Not Found On HP Printer Scanner
Sometimes, your computer will not find your HP printer when you are about to perform the scanning process. This issue may occur due to improper connections, driver problems, etc. Suppose you encounter this issue with your HP printer, no worries. You can make use of the solutions on this page to fix the issue. So now, you just have to go ahead with the below instructions.
Taking A Look At The Connectivity
- First, you need to ensure that the power cord is connected properly to the printer’s rear and the electrical outlet.
- Make sure to turn on your printer
- Suppose you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the devices are connected securely.
- If you see any damage to the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- In case you have connected the devices using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- Now, check if your computer is able to detect your HP printer. See whether you can scan using your printer.
- If the issue continues, use HP Print and Scan Doctor by following the below instructions.
Use HP Print And Scan Doctor
- Ensure to turn on your printer.
- Make sure to connect the printer to your computer.
- Launch the browser and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- After downloading, double-click on the file and start the installation.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the HP Print and Scan Doctor software installation on your computer.
- On the Welcome screen, click the Start button and select your printer from the list.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- Select Fix Scanning from the list.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts to fix the detected problem.
- If the issue continues, reinstall the printer driver by following the below steps.
Reinstall The Printer Driver
- Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Pick the Programs & Features option.
- Now, right-click on the HP printer driver.
- Click the Uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- Again click Uninstall to confirm.
- After uninstalling the printer driver from the computer, you need to reinstall it.
- Now, use the driver installation CD that came with your printer package and start the installation process on your computer.
- If you don’t have the installation CD, visit your printer’s official support page and download the relevant driver on your computer.
- After completing the download, open the driver file and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the printer driver installation.
- Finally, check if the issue is solved.
Well, In The End…
So, by connecting your printer to the computer, you can easily perform the scanning process. Hopefully, by executing the above instructions on this page, you can fix the issue “Computer not found on HP printer scanner.” If you have any other queries, reach our technical experts. You can use the Call button provided on this page for this purpose.