Connect Printer to Wifi
How to Connect HP Envy 7640 Printer to Wifi, Computer, Laptop
Get the Network name and the Network security password to Connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network. Ensure that the printer is placed close to the computer. Ensure that the printer and the computer are on. Tap the wireless menu on the printer’s control panel. Press Wireless Setup Wizard and connect the printer.
How to connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi
- Check if the computer is turned on and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Use the same router for connecting the printer.
- Ensure that the printer is loaded with paper and installed with ink cartridges.
- On your computer browser, select Download.
- Wait till the computer finishes the installation process without clicking the Continue button.
- Check if the printer is turned on and press the Wireless and Cancel button together to reset the
- Release the buttons and get back to the HP installation connect window.
- Click Continue and carry out the instructions on the screen.
- Choose the Wireless option under the Connection option window.
- Choose Yes on the HP Auto Wireless Connect screen and choose Next to finish the installation and connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi.
How to Connect HP Envy 7640 to Laptop
- Collect the Network Name or SSID and the Network Security Password which is also called as the WEP key or WPA passphrase. Also, make sure that the laptop is connected to the wireless network. Place the printer close to the laptop during the wireless Setup Wizard connection to the network.
- Ensure that the router, printer and the laptop are on. Make sure that the printer and the laptop are connected to the same wireless network.
- Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Network, Setup or the Wireless menu.
- Tap Wireless Setup Wizard and then connect the printer. In case of Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connection, tap and hold the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel.When the wireless light begins to blink, release the button. Touch and release the WPS button on the wireless router within two minutes.
- Wait for up to two minutes while the router and the printer establishes the network connection.
- In case of wired connection, make sure that you have a network router with the available Ethernet port.
- Also, make sure that the laptop is connected to the router. Obtain the Ethernet Cable. Switch on the printer and take the plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer. Connect the cable to the printer and a port on the router.
- In case of the USB connection to the laptop, make sure that the laptop is connected to the internet.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and to the laptop. In Found a new Hardware window, if you can use the printer, the driver gets installed.
How to connect HP Envy 7640 to computer
- Turn on your printer, get a USB cord of less than 3m length, and an available USB port on the computer.
- Remove the printer USB cord from your computer. Type devices on the search bar of your Windows computer and tap Devices and Printers.
- Right-tap your printer model and tap Remove Device.
- Clear any multiple existing icons and close the Devices and Printers window.
- Open the manufacturer’s website and key in the model of your printer. Follow the guided instructions to download the driver.
- The app HP Easy Start will download as per your printer model.
- Go with the onscreen instructions and open the downloaded file to start the setup.
- Choose USB when you see the connection type option.
HP Envy 7640 not connecting to computer
- Check for the printer’s possible network connections to connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi. Set your printer and computer in the location that can get your wireless signal. Locate the Power button on the printer and press it.
- Open Start in Windows, select the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Choose Settings which is at the lower-left corner of the start window.
- Select Devices which is at the top of the Settings window.
- Choose Printers and Scanners which is at the left side of the window.
- Select Add a Printer or Scanner which is at the top of the page. You can see the printer’s name listed on the page and the printer is connected.
- In Mac, open the Apple menu which is at the top-left corner of the screen. Choose System Preferences which is near the top of the Apple drop-down menu.
- Select Printers and Scanners. Choose + which is at the bottom-left corner of the window. If your printer is already connected over the network, you should see its name in the pane that is in the left side of the window.
- Click the printer’s name which is at the left side of the window, and the printer is successfully connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi.
HP Envy 7640 won’t connect to wifi
- The HP Envy 7640 not connected to Wi-Fi error can be resolved by restarting your devices and connecting them again to the wireless network.
- Prepare the printer for a wireless connection by restarting the printer, router, and computer. Power off your printer and wait for 10 seconds.
- Unplug the power cable from your printer and switch off your computer or the device you are using to print.
- Reattach the power plug to the printer and turn it on. Remove the power cable from the router and wait for 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power plug to the printer and turn it on. connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi now by following the steps.
- Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi. Spot the WPS button on your wireless router but do not tap it yet.
- Power on your printer. Press the Cancel button on your printer’s control panel if it is in sleep mode. Reset the network settings of your printer.
- Tap the Wireless and Cancel buttons and hold it until you see the Power light blinking. Do not proceed until you see the Wireless light blinking.
- The network settings on your printer are now reset. Your printer will be in the setup mode for 2 hours.
- Tap and WPS button on the router and hold it for 3-5 seconds until it denotes that the WPS connection process has started.
- The blue Wireless light will stop blinking and remain lit once the printer is connected and the process of connect HP Envy 7640 printer to wifi is succeed.