For 123.hp.com/dj2540 Installation and Setup Guidelines
First, unpack the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer and follow all the instructions as provided in the user guide that came along with the printer and complete the printer setup. You can also get the HP Deskjet 2540 printer manual from 123.hp.com. Follow the manual guide instructions to connect the power cable, set control panel preferences, load paper into the input tray, and then install the ink cartridges.
123.hp.com/dj2540 Setup and Unboxing
The Unboxing set up for the Deskjet 2540 printer is explained in detail with a simple step-wise process. Follow the steps given below to quickly set up the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer and then install the recent software and driver.
- Open the cardboard box and remove the printer. Then take-off all the packing materials, tapes, and the stickers stuck to it.
- Press the power button after connecting the printer to the power source and switch-on the printer and set preferences on the control panel.
- With the short edge forward insert the plain(normal) paper into the input tray or paper tray, once done with setting the preferences.
- Carefully install the HP ink cartridges that came along with the printer into its slot, by following the manual or guide instructions.
- Align the ink cartridges for good printing quality, after installing the ink cartridges and then install the 123.hp.com/2540 printer software and driver.
Latest 123.hp.com/dj2540 Driver and Manual Download
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Driver Download Windows
- The perfect driver and software for your Deskjet 2540 printer are available on our website 123.hp.com/2540.
- You can use the CD that shipped along with the printer to download and install the driver.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Driver Installation
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Driver Installation Windows
The driver installation procedure for Windows is described in step by step process. Follow the given steps to download and install the perfect driver for Windows.
- Turn on your computer where you need to install Deskjet 2540 printer driver. Connect the USB only when it asks.
- Once you insert the CD into the computer, it asks to begin the installation wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the middle of the installation procedure, connect the USB cable between computer and 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer only if you are asked.
- Once you connect the USB cable between the computer and the printer, it automatically recognizes the printer, and then move to next step.
- Now just follow the instructions appeared in the wizard to complete the installation process and then you can perform the printing tasks.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Driver Installation Mac
The driver installation procedure for Mac is described in step-wise format. Do the steps given below to install the perfect driver for Mac.
- To install the HP driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac. Then tap the “Apple” menu.
- Click the system preferences and based on the OS version, select “Print & Fax”, “Print & Scan”, or “Printers & Scanners”.
- Add Deskjet 2540 printer to the Printer’s list and tap the “Print Using” or “Use” button and click your printer name.
- To add the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer to the printer’s list, tap the “add” option. After adding close the system preferences window.
- You can now perform the fax, scan or print tasks on your Deskjet 2540 printer depending on your printer functionality.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup Windows
If you have to set up a Deskjet 2540 printer on a wireless network, connect the printer to the wireless network first & then follow the given instructions below.
- After collecting the network password and name, switch-on the router, printer and computer and then set up the printer on wireless.
- After ensuring the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network, remove the USB cable connected to the printer.
- You must select the “wireless icon” option to set up the printer on the wireless network using the “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- When the ” Wireless Summary” screen appears, you must select “settings” and select ” Wireless Settings” and then select “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- Now, the instructions are displayed on the control panel screen, follow them to connect the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer to your wireless network.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup Mac
Do the steps described below to Setup printer on wireless network.
- After gathering the network password and network name, turn on the router, computer, and printer and set up the printer on wireless.
- Check if the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network and disconnect if any USB cable connected.
- Using the “Wireless Setup Wizard” you can set up the printer on a wireless network, and so you need to first, tap “Wireless icon”.
- When the “Wireless Summary” screen displays, you should touch “Settings” and touch “Wireless Settings” and touch the “Wireless Setup Wizard” button.
- Just do the on-screen instructions on the control panel screen to connect the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer to the wireless network and then install the software.
HP Printer Provide Solution for Deskjet 2540?
123 HP Deskjet 2540 How to Print Photos (Windows)
Follow the given steps below to print professional looking photos from a Windows PC using the perfect paper type and suitable print job settings.
- First you need to open the input tray and load the photo paper into the paper(input) tray to print photos.
- Make all the required alterations in the photo you want to print and then right-click the photo and click “Open with”.
- Now, tap “Windows Photo Viewer” or “Paint” and tap “print”, or tap “File” or the menu icon(Paint) and then tap “print”.
- Open the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer “Document Properties” window when the Print Pictures window gets displayed, for accessing layout, quality, color, and advanced print settings.
- Touch Options ->Printer Properties in Windows Photo Viewer that is present in Print Pictures window. Touch Preferences -> ok-> print in Print window(Paint).
123 HP Deskjet 2540 How to Scan (Windows)
To scan from your computer first download and install the suitable software and driver from our website and then follow the 123.hp.com/2540 steps described below to scan a document or photo quickly.
- To scan from your computer, tap the “Download” option, and download the Deskjet 2540 driver and software from our website 123.hp.com/dj2540.
- Do all the instructions as directed to connect the printer, and then it prompts to click the software to install.
- After selecting the option that includes HP scan, place the photo or document on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot.
- Search Windows for ‘HP’, and to open “HP Printer Assistant”, click your printer name Deskjet 2540 and to open “HP Scan”, click “Scan a document”.
- From the displayed settings in the right pane, make all the required changes and then tap the “Scan” button.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper
You should first set up a print job to print on both sides of the paper. Based on your printer type, you can change or alter settings in the print driver and flip the pages by doing the given steps below accordingly.
- Place enough amount of paper into the paper tray to overcome page ordering errors. Then open the photo or document to print.
- Tap “File” and then tap the “Print” button. After choosing your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer name, tap “Printer Properties”, “Preferences”, or “Printer Setup”.
- Click the “print on two sides” button, when the Printing Preferences or Document Properties window gets open in the “Printing shortcuts tab”.
- Tap the “Finishing”, “Layout” or “Features” button if “printing shortcuts tab” is unavailable, and then search for “Print on Both Sides” button.
- Tap “binding or page flip” and tap Ok -> Print. Take out the printed page and insert into paper tray and select “continue”.
123 HP Deskjet 2540 How to Check Ink or Toner Levels
To know if you need to change or replace any ink or toner cartridges, you want to find the ink or toner levels for your printer. Follow the steps described below to check the ink or toner level.
- After switching on the printer, search Windows for HP, and find the toner or ink level in the windows.
- Choose your printer name and when HP Solution Center displays, tap it and the estimated toner or ink level will display on the home screen.
- First you need to switch on the printer and confirm it is in a ready state to find the ink level in Mac.
- Then tap the Apple icon in the menu bar, and then touch “system preferences” and then touch the “Print & Scan” button.
- After clicking your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer name from the printers list, tap the “Options & Supplies” button, and tap the “Supply Levels” option.