How to setup HP Deskjet 2600 using 123.hp.com/dj2600
Unpack the printer and keep it on a flat surface. Load papers into the main input tray. Connect the network cable if you connect it to the network. Connect the power properly into the outlet. And, locate the power button on the printer and press it. Install the printer software using the wired or wireless connection and the pages prints successfully.
How to Install HP Deskjet 2600 printer (123.hp.com/dj2600)
- Make sure whether the CD-ROM is present in the shipment box for driver installation.
- Make sure the PC or laptop has a disc drive in it. The recently launched Mac devices do not have a disc drive.
- Then, copy the contents of the CD-ROM in the USB drive.
- Place the installation CD or the USB into the drive.
- Observe if a set of files appear. The setup format is .dmg for Mac. The procedure for saving windows is .exe.
- Wait till the download completes and do not turn off your PC while the download is in progress.
- Click I Agree Begin Download to save the file on your computer.
- Double-click on the setup file and click Next on the welcome screen.
- Select your place of residence and choose Next.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of License Agreement Screen.
- Click the connection type, view your printer’s name in the print queue.
- Print a test page and the installation process in HP Deskjet 2600 gets installed successfully.
Latest 123.hp.com/dj2600 Driver and Manual Download
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver
The driver establishes the connection between the printer and the computer. It provides a series of instructions that are required for the printer to operate. It allows the PC or laptop to understand the hardware specifications of the printer. It is necessary for effective functioning and enhances the performance of the printer. Each printer has a unique driver that vary depending upon the type of operating system used. If the driver is not installed, it may lead to issues in the printer.
HP Deskjet 2600 manual
The manual commonly called as the user guide is a communication document that addresses the specified aspect of the printer. The manual provides the instructions on how to set up the printer, carry out the various functions and many more. It is helpful for the users to operate the printer without facing any issues. The hard copy of the manual is provided in the shipment box. And, you can download the soft copy of the manual from our website 123.hp.com/dj2600.
How to download HP Deskjet 2600 Driver for windows and mac
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver Sownload for Windows 7
- For the wireless connection in Windows 7, search for Devices in Windows and then choose Devices and Printers.
- Choose Add a Printer and select Add a wireless, network or Bluetooth printer.
- A Select a Printer window displays. If the printer is in the list, choose it, choose Next and download the driver from 123.hp.com/dj2600.
- If the printer is not available on the list, click the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the window to return What type of Printer do you want to Install?.
- Choose Add a Local Printer. Select Use an Existing Port (LPT:1 Printer Port) and choose Next. Select Windows Update and wait for the printer driver to update.
- Choose HP, and select the name of the printer in the Printer’s pane.
- If the Printer is on the list, choose Next and download the driver. If the printer is not in the list, select the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the window two times to return for What type of Printer do you need to install?.
- Choose Add a Network, Bluetooth or Wireless Printer window and select The Printer I Want isn’t listed.
- Choose Add a Printer using TCP/ IP hostname or address and click Next. Choose AutoDetect from the Device Type drop-down list.
- Type the printer IP address in the text box and click Next. Wait for the computer to get connected to the printer and choose Next to download the printer driver.
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver Download for Mac
- Connect the computer and the printer to a wireless network.
- Turn on the printer, disconnect the USB or the ethernet cable.
- Click Settings, Wireless settings & the Wireless setup wizard.
- Go to our website: 123.hp.com/dj2600, and search for compatible software and drivers.
- The instructions will be visible on the screen.
- To follow it, go to the Download option.
- Find the compatible driver and press the download button located next to the driver.
- To add a printer to the printer queue, select Print Using menu.
- Click on the Add tab for software installation.
- Return to the HP installer screen to complete the process.
How to install HP Deskjet 2600 Driver
- Power up your printer (123.hp.com/dj2600) and computer.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer’s CD drive.
- Run the setup files and follow the on-screen instructions of the installer to complete the driver installation.
- And, if the driver on the CD is outdated, carry out the steps below to download the printer’s driver from our site 123.hp.com/dj2600.
- Click the link below and download the most recent version of the printer driver.
- Open the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the .exe file.
- Then, agree to the terms of the installer and select the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Select the connection type when prompted.
- Connect the printer to the computer.
- Click Finish in the final prompt screen to complete the installation.
HP Deskjet 2600 wireless setup instructions
Make sure that the printer and the computer are on and the printer should be placed close to the computer in the wireless setup in 123.hp.com/dj2600.
- In Windows, search Windows for HP and choose the name of the printer to open the HP Printer Assistant. Select Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar.
- Choose Printer Set up and Software or Device Set up and Software. Select Convert a USB Connected Printer to Wireless.
- In Mac, open Finder, select Go in the top menu bar and choose Applications. Double click on HP folder -> HP Utility. In the All Settings tab, select Wireless Setup. If Wireless Setup is not listed, proceed with the method of adding the printer through System Preferences.
- In the touchscreen or LCD menu display printer, choose the Wireless, Network or Setup menu, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and connect the printer. For printers without displays, tap the Wireless icon to switch on the wireless radio.
- If the wireless light is ON, the printer is interconnected to the network. If the light blinks, move the printer nearer to the wireless router
- Tap the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on the router and wait till the wireless light is solid. Select the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then select Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- If your printer name is listed, remove and add the printer to confirm that it is set up correctly. Select the printer name and choose the – sign to delete the printer. Click the + sign to select Add Printer or Scanner and choose your printer.
- If the printer name is not listed, select the Plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose the name of the printer. Select the Use or Print Using option and then choose AirPrint or the printer name to finish the setup. More HP Deskjet 2600 wireless setup
How to setup HP Deskjet 2600 wifi direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a connection option available in most 123.hp.com/dj2600 wireless printers, and you can use Wi-Fi Direct if connecting through a local Wi-Fi network is not an option or for guest printing.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and switch in on.
- Confirm whether the cartridges are installed.
- Ensure that the plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
- On the computer, select the Wireless icon.
- And, choose the printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of networks.
- Type the password to log in.
- Open the item you need to print.
- Choose File and then select Print.
- Choose the printer from the list of printers, and choose Print.
- Reconnect to the local Wi-Fi network after the print work gets completed.
How to find HP Deskjet 2600 wps pin
When adding the new printer in Windows, you need to enter the WPS PIN (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) or the password in HP Desk Jet 2600 printer.
- If the WPS PIN window is open, choose Cancel in the Enter the WPS PIN for the Printer window.
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Settings, select Devices and then select Printers and Scanners.
- Select Add a Printer or Scanner and wait while Windows finds available printers on the network.
- Choose the name of the printer from the list.
- Ensure that the printer has paper and tap the printer Power button to switch it on. From sleep mode.
- Ensure that the printer is on and ready to print before continuing.
- Select Add a Device in the computer.
- If a Window opens asking you to enter the WPS PIN, return to the printer quickly. An 8 digit PIN number displays on the printer’s control panel menu or printout.
- Enter the PIN in the computer within 90 seconds and wait for Windows to set up the device.
- And, if the window does not open, wait for the Windows to set up the printer. Restart the computer and the printer prints well.
Best instruction for HP Deskjet 2600 ink replacement
Replace the ink cartridges when the ink levels are low or empty. Make sure you use cartridges that are compatible with your printer and refer 123.hp.com/dj2600.
- Load the paper into the printer.
- Locate the Power button the printer and press it.
- Lower the output tray, reach inside the printer, grasp the handle and lower the cartridge access door. And, the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Wait till the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Gently press on the ink cartridge to release it and pull the cartridge out of the slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from the package. Then, remove the plastic tape.
- Hold the cartridge by the sides with the contacts towards the printer, insert the cartridge into the slot and push the cartridge till it holds into place.
- And, close the access door.