HP DeskJet 3630 »
3630 Factory Reset & Wi-Fi Reset
How To Reset HP DeskJet 3630 & Printer’s Wi-Fi
Have you configured the HP DeskJet 3630 printer settings incorrectly? Are you facing cartridge or connectivity issues with your HP DeskJet 3630 printer? Are you planning to sell or present your printer to someone? Or do you want to perform your HP printer setup from the beginning? If your answer is yes, then factory reset the printer settings to default. The factory reset process will restore all the settings that you have configured on the printer to default. It also helps in fixing some printer problems. The factory reset is easier than you might think, and you can do this in less than a minute. So take it easy and follow this guide “How To Reset HP DeskJet 3630.”
Factory Reset Of HP Printer Using 10 Simple Steps
Most printers will have a physical reset button on the control panel or a reset menu on the printer’s menu. If you look at the HP DeskJet 3630 printer’s control panel, you can see no such button or menu available. So, now a question may arise in your mind: “How To Reset HP DeskJet 3630 To Factory Settings” Take it easy. You can use the other buttons available on the printer’s control panel to factory reset the printer settings to default. Continue reading to find out more about it.
- Turn on the HP DeskJet 3630 printer to begin the reset process.
- Wait for the printer to be silent and idle.
- Ensure that the light beside the printer’s power button glows a steady white.
- Press and hold the printer’s Power button.
- Press the “Start Copy Black” button twice.
- Ensure to press and release the Start Copy Black button while holding the Power button.
- Press the Cancel button three times.
- Release the printer’s Power button now. Can you see the printer’s Wi-Fi Network Status light blinking white? If yes, you confirm that the HP DeskJet factory reset process has been initiated.
- Set up your HP DeskJet 3630 printer from the beginning once the reset is done.
- Click here for detailed steps on how to perform the HP DeskJet 3630 setup for the first time.
How To Reset HP DeskJet 3630 (Hard Reset)
We saw how to factory reset the HP DeskJet 3630 printer settings to default in the section above. Here, we will see how to hard reset the printer. Many people think that a hard and factory reset are the same. But it is not correct. If you want to restore the entire system settings to default, then you can go for the factory reset process. If you only want to reset the printer’s hardware, performing a hard reset is the best idea. Compared to a factory reset, the hard reset process is quite easy to perform.
- Turn on your printer if it is off.
- Unplug the power cable or cord from the printer and the electrical outlet. Ensure that you do this with the printer turned on. Doing good? You are just two steps away from completing the HP 3630 reset.
- Count for 60 seconds from the second you unplug the cord.
- Attach the cord to the printer and electrical outlet after 60 seconds, and turn on your printer.
Only proceed the next step once the printer is idle. Once the HP DeskJet 3630 printer is idle, you can start using it as per your needs.
HP DeskJet 3630 Wi-Fi Reset
The setup mode activates when you turn on the HP DeskJet 3630 printer for the first time. This mode lasts for a maximum of 2 hours from the second you turn on the printer. During this period, you can automatically connect the printer to the computer or smartphone over a wireless network using the HP Smart app or the recommended software. However, refrain from pressing the Wi-Fi or Cancel buttons on the printer’s control panel during this time. Doing so will deactivate the setup mode on your printer. You have to restore the HP DeskJet 3630 printer’s network settings to default to re-enable the setup mode on it. Here are the steps to reset the Wi-Fi setting on your printer.
- Switch on your HP DeskJet printer.
- Press and hold the Cancel and Wi-Fi buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons as soon as the power light starts flashing.
This indicates that the printer has entered setup mode. Now, you can use the recommended software or the app (recommended) to set up the DeskJet 3630 printer on your computer or smartphone.
Finding The HP Printer Default Admin Password
Have you forgotten your HP DeskJet 3630 printer’s Wi-Fi Direct password or admin password? If yes, you are not alone. Many printer users like you face this scenario. Here, we will show you how to see your printer’s current Wi-Fi Direct password.
Finding The Current Wi-Fi Direct Admin Password
Finding the current network information for your printer is easy. Print the printer’s network configuration page, which includes the printer’s network information. You can print this page in less than a minute.
- Ensure that the HP DeskJet 3630 printer is turned on.
- Press the printer’s Information and Wi-Fi buttons simultaneously.
The printer will start printing the page as soon as you release the buttons. Sit back and wait for the printout to come out of the output tray. Once you receive the page, find out the Wi-Fi Direct information and use it to connect your printer to your smartphone or computer via Wi-Fi Direct.
Your HP DeskJet 3630 Has Been Factory Restored!
As you can see, performing the HP DeskJet 3630 reset is easier than you think. You can perform the reset if you have some basic knowledge of the printer and two or three minutes of your time. We hope that this blog “How To Reset HP DeskJet 3630” was useful to you! Save it to your bookmarks or share this article with your friends or someone who is struggling to factory reset their printer. Please contact us now or anytime if you need further assistance restoring the printer settings.