- 123.hp.com »
- Blue WiFi Light Blinking On HP Printer
Blue WiFi Light Blinking On HP Printer – Complete Solutions
Sometimes, you can see a Blue WiFi Light Blinking On HP Printer, which may repeatedly flash on your wireless printer. This issue usually occurs due to an improper wireless connection. In such a scenario, your wireless printer will be unable to print. However, you can fix this problem by touching the Wireless icon on your printer screen and checking the connection. In some cases, you might encounter the “blue light flashing” issue on your printer if you have entered the wireless connection credentials wrongly. So, you can resolve this issue by re-entering the correct wireless credentials. Suppose you are facing this problem even after trying the above tips and techniques, just follow the procedures on this page to resolve the problem. We have taken a wireless HP printer as an example in the following troubleshooting methods.
Start Checking The Connection Between Your Devices
- First, you have to check whether the power cord is securely connected to the printer’s rear.
- Check if the other end of the power cord is properly connected to the electrical outlet.
- Make sure to turn on your printer and the router.
- Once the wireless connection is established between your devices, make sure that your printer and computer are on the same network.
- Now, print the network configuration report and check if the blue light is still flashing on your printer.
- In case the issue continues, restart the Print Spooler service on your computer (that is connected to the printer). If this method also fails, execute the following instructions.
Try Restarting Your Printer
- Suppose you have already turned on your printer, turn it off.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer’s rear and the wall outlet.
- Now, disconnect the wireless router and wait for some time.
- Now, just reconnect all the necessary cables to the router and turn it on.
- Again, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Switch on your printer. Next, you have to connect your printer to your wireless network and check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, update the printer driver on your computer by performing the below instructions.
Delete And Reinstall The Driver
- Start by clicking the Windows icon on your computer.
- Search for the Control Panel window and launch it.
- In this window, choose the Programs option. In the next window that pops up, click Programs & Features.
- Next, perform a right-click on your printer icon and select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- Again, make a click on the Uninstall button.
- After removing the printer driver from your computer, reinstall it using the software CD or by accessing the printer’s official support page.
- When you have finished downloading the driver, complete its installation by performing the on-screen prompts.
- At last, check whether there is any blue light flashing on your HP wireless printer. If yes, just move on to the troubleshooting method given below.
Use The HP Print And Scan Doctor Service
- Launch a browser and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- After downloading, open the executable file and begin the installation process.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the HP Print and Scan Doctor installation on your computer.
- On the Welcome screen, you need to click the Start button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to fix the connection problem.
- If the issue continues, check the port settings on your computer by performing the below steps.
Take A Look At The Port Settings
- First, restart your computer.
- Make sure to turn off the printer and the wireless router.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes and turn on your printer and the wireless router.
- Connect your printer and the computer to the same network.
- Next, open the Control Panel window on your computer. Choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your printer icon and select the Properties option from the drop-down list.
- Here, go to the Ports tab and check all the port settings.
- In case you have to make any changes to these settings, you can do it now.
- Next, check if the problem is solved on your wireless printer.
You can fix the “Blue WiFi Light Blinking On HP Printer” problem by following the above methods.
If you do have any other concerns, just contact our technical experts using the Call button.