- 123.hp.com »
- Fix Error 79 On HP Printer
How do i Fix Error 79 on HP Printer?
When you see the error code 79 on your HP printer screen, you need to troubleshoot and fix the error to get your machine back to work. Troubleshooting is a very simple method that you can use to fix most of your printer problems. If you are facing this error with your HP printer, you need to troubleshoot and solve it. So, by following the methods given below, you can fix the error code 79 on your HP printer.
Make Sure That The Connections Are Firm
If you are facing this error while using your printer wirelessly with your computer, verify the connectivity between your devices. To do so, perform the below steps.
- First, check whether the power cord is connected properly to the printer’s rear and the other end is plugged into the wall socket.
- Make sure to turn on your HP printer.
- If you connect your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected firmly.
- In case you are using a Wi-Fi network, confirm that the printer and your computer are connected to the same network.
- Now, check whether the error code 79 pops up on your HP printer again.
- If this method does not work, restart your printer.
Perform A Power Reset
- Switch on your printer if it is turned off.
- Before you start to reset, wait until the HP printer is idle.
- With the machine turned on, disconnect the power cord from its back side.
- Now, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Again, plug the power cord to the rear of your printer and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Now, check whether the error is fixed on your printer.
- If the issue continues, update your printer firmware by performing the below instructions.
Update The Firmware
- Ensure to connect the HP printer to your computer or network.
- Now, open the default browser and visit your HP printer’s official printer support page.
- Navigate to your printer model name and select your computer’s operating system.
- Below the Firmware section, choose Firmware Update Utility.
- Click the Download option.
- After completing the download, run the executable file.
- Once the utility launches, choose your printer from the drop-down list and click the Send Firmware option.
- Next, check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, reinstall the driver on your computer by following the below steps.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Printer Driver
- Select the Start button on the computer’s main screen.
- Now, find the Control Panel option using the search box.
- From the search results, just click the Control Panel option. Then, choose the Programs option.
- In the next window, click on the Programs & Features option from the list.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer’s icon. From the displayed results, select the Uninstall option.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on the Uninstall button (again).
- After deleting the driver from the computer, reinstall it using the software CD, or by visiting the printer’s official support page.
- When the driver installation is over, make sure that the error code 79 does not appear on your HP printer screen.
You can troubleshoot and fix the error code 79 on your HP printer by following the above methods.
In case you have any other issues with your printer, contact our technical experts using the call option on this page.