How To Check Ink Level In HP LaserJet M1005
Use the HP printer software, ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor,’ or your computer to check the ink levels of your HP LaserJet M1005 printer’s toner cartridge. Checking and maintaining the ink levels of the ink or toner cartridge or ink tanks will help you stop the printer from running out of ink and avoid print-quality-related problems. Most printers have a feature that helps you check the estimated ink levels of the cartridge or tank directly from the printer’s control panel. If no such option is available, you can use the printer software or app to check the cartridge or toner’s estimated ink levels. (This might vary based on the printer model you’re using).
Steps On How To Check Ink Levels In The LaserJet M1005 Printer
- Go to your computer and then select the Start button.
- Enter Devices and printers in the Start Search box.
- Click on the Devices and Printers button and then check whether the list of printers that are connected to your PC appears on the screen.
- Select your HP LaserJet M1005 printer.
- View the ink levels in the Status area that is available below the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Double-click on the printer’s icon if you want to see additional details about your HP LaserJet m1005 printer.
- Replace the print cartridge if the level is empty or low.
Brief Procedure For Checking Ink Levels In HP LaserJet M1005 Printer
- Can I View ink levels from the front panel of the HP LaserJet m1005 printer? No, you can’t. Because the HP LaserJet M1005 printer doesn’t have the Cartridge icon or Ink Drop icon or button on its control panel, so, if you want to check the ink levels of the print cartridge installed on this printer, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor app or your computer.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is an application that not only helps you to diagnose & fix common printer problems but also helps you to check the ink level of the print cartridge. Install and open the app on your computer. Click on the Start button in the Welcome dialog box.
- Select your HP LaserJet m1005 printer from the list and click the Next option. Now, the Finding and Fixing Problems screen will open. Click on the Printer menu on it.
- Choose the Supply Levels or Ink Levels option from the drop-down list box. Now, the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool will display the estimated ink levels. The instructions above showed you how to check the ink level in the HP LaserJet m1005 printer using the diagnostic tool.
- An alternative method for Windows 10 users, open the Devices and Printers screen. Choose your HP LaserJet M1005 printer and right-click on it. Choose the Printing Preferences option.
- Click on the Maintenance tab. Here, click on the View Printer Status option. Now, the screen that looks similar to the one displayed below will open. You can find the ink supply level of the printer on the same screen.
- Easy Printer Manager can also be utilized for viewing the ink levels for HP Laserjet printers. Search for the Easy Printer Manager option and click it; this opens the Easy Printer Manager dialog box on your personal computer. You can view the ink levels on the Supplies Information tab available at the bottom of the screen. You can use the HP software to display the ink levels on your Mac personal computer. Make sure that the updated driver for your LaserJet m1005 printer is installed on your Mac desktop.
- For Mac, click on the Apple icon and then select the System Preferences option. Choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners; this option differs based on the model of your Hewlett-Packard printer.
- Click on your HP LaserJet m1005 printer from the list and select the Options & Supplies option. Click on the Supplies or Supply Levels tab.
- Now, the ink supply levels of the print cartridge will appear on your Mac computer. Replace the ink cartridges immediately if the level is low. To learn more about how to check the ink level in the HP LaserJet m1005 printer, start the link with us now.
As you can see, checking your printer’s ink levels is straightforward. All you need to have is some basic knowledge about your printer feature/software and a couple of minutes of your time. We hope this article has helped you check the ink levels of your HP LaserJet M1005 printer. Share this article with your friends struggling to find the ink levels of their printer cartridges, and bookmark this article for future reference if you find it useful. Contact us if you need to learn more about the same.