- 123.hp.com »
- Connect HP Envy 4520 to Computer
How to Connect HP Envy 4520 Printer to the Computer
You can connect your HP Envy 4520 printer to your computer via a network or USB cable. If you are curious to learn the exact procedure, this article can help you. Read this page and learn the procedure in detail.
Download And Install The Compatible Driver
You need the driver to establish communication between your printer and computer. For your HP Envy 4520 printer, you can get the compatible software from HP’s official website. Now, let us learn how to download and install the driver for your HP printer.
In this section, you’ll be connecting your printer to the computer during the driver installation.
- On your computer, make use of your default web browser to access the official support page of HP.
- Input HP Envy 4520 in the search area and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- It will display a list of search results; click on the right printer.
- On the product support page, click Software, Drivers and Firmware. Your OS gets detected and the compatible drivers are displayed.
- If you are looking for the driver for a different OS, just click on the Choose a different OS link and select your Operating System from the respective drop-down menu.
- Now, pick the driver you prefer the most and click the Download button.
- Wait until the driver gets downloaded. Look for the driver file in the Downloads folder of your computer. Start running the setup file.
- You can see that the User Account Control window pops up. Here, click the Yes button.
- When the license agreement screen appears, accept the terms and conditions on that screen. When you get prompted to pick the connection type, choose the preferred method of connection. Connect your HP Envy 4520 printer and the computer according to the connection type you have picked.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, ensure that both devices are connected to the same network. For a USB connection, connect the cable when you are instructed to do so.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation.
You have now downloaded and installed the driver for your HP Envy 4520 printer. You have also connected the printer to the computer during the driver installation. Now, follow the steps given in the next section to connect the printer to your computer using another method.
How To Connect Your Printer To The Computer After Installing The Software
In this section, you’ll be utilizing the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to the router. Then, you’ll connect the computer to the same network as that of your printer.
- On your HP Envy 4520 printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.
- Touch Settings> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- When it shows you the list of all the nearby networks, choose your router’s network and enter its password in the respective field.
- You can just enter the credentials manually in case you cannot locate your router’s SSID on your printer’s screen.
- A connection will be established between your printer and router within a few seconds.
- Now, connect your computer to the same network to which your HP printer is connected and use the installed software to access your printer.
We hope you have learned how to connect your HP Envy 4520 printer to your computer. For further information, don’t hesitate to reach us. Just make use of the call option we have provided for the purpose.