- Connect HP Officejet 4630 Printer
How To Connect HP Officejet 4630 Printer
There are multiple ways to connect the printer to a system. They are, USB, Wireless, and Wi-Fi Direct. As the printer supports wireless connection, it can be connected a mobile device over the same network. You set the printer up on a Windows or Mac system. Use either the HP ePrint or AirPrint app for printing from an Android or iOS device. If you have already linked your printer and computer using a USB cable, you can change it to wireless. Learn how to connect HP Officejet 4630 printer to a system using the steps mentioned below.
How To Connect The HP Officejet 4630 Printer To A System Via USB?
- Find the USB cable inside the printer’s shipment box.
- Take it out and examine if there is any damage.
- Replace the cable with a new one if it is damaged.
- Switch on your printer and system.
- Never connect additional devices to the USB hub.
- Check if the cable is less than 3m in length.
- Connect the cable between the printer and system’s rear.
- View the printer name on the list of available devices for Windows system.
- Add the printer name to the print queue by clicking the + sign for Mac devices.
What Are The Methods To Connect The Printer To A Wireless Network?
- For how to connect HP Officejet 4630 printer, there are various methods by which the printer can be connected to a network. Use the Wireless Setup Wizard feature to connect the printer to your network. Get the network name and password before establishing the network connection.
- Remember that the credentials are case-sensitive. Each letter in the credential matters. If you provide a single wrong letter in the username or password field, the printer throws a connection error. Switch on the printer and the system using their respective Power buttons.
- Connect the system to your network with a stable internet access. Your computer should also be connected to the same network. If the system uses a router, check if it is set to a frequency bandwidth of 2.4 GHz.
- Ensure that the signal frequency icon in the system and the printer is set to its maximum. If the signal frequency is low, move the printer close to the router. It helps to improve the signal strength.
- While connecting the Officejet 4630 printer to the wireless network, it is suggested to remove the USB cable connected to the device. If the cable is connected, issues may arise during the process of how to connect HP Officejet 4630 printer.
- If the printer contains a control panel, look for the Settings option on it. You can find the Network Settings under the Wireless menu. Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option and wait while the printer discovers the available networks in the surrounding. Look for your network name in the list of available networks.
- Choose the network name from the list. Provide the password for the network in the required field. After a few seconds, your printer establishes the network connection. You should see a stable blue light on the printer’s control panel, which indicates that the connection is established.
- The other method used to connect your printer to the network is through the Wi-Fi Direct method. The mode of connection does not require any routers. Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the printer’s operation panel. Print an information page to get the WPS PIN. Type the PIN in on your computer screen to complete the connection.
- After a while, the device establishes the network connection. You can change the network settings if required. Change the connection from USB to wireless if the printer supports the process. For more solution regarding how to connect HP Officejet 4630 printer, contact us now.