How To Connect HP Officejet 4650 To Laptop
To link the HP Officejet 4650 printer to the laptop, several connection methods are available. The setup must be done to carry out the functions such as copying, scanning, and printing on the printer. Once you finish the process of how to connect HP Officejet 4650 to laptop, the name of your Hewlett Packard printer will be added to the list of devices on your Windows or Mac laptop. Brief guidelines on how to bridge the Officejet 4650 printer with your Mac or Windows laptop are given on this site.
Easy Steps On How To Link Your Officejet 4650 Printer To Laptop
- Collect the SSID name and its security passphrase.
- Make sure to connect your laptop to the correct SSID.
- Ensure that the router, laptop, and the HP Printer are turned On.
- Go to the Officejet 4650 printer and select the Settings button on its touch panel.
- Choose the Wireless icon to open the Wireless Summary screen.
- Select the Settings button and then touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Carry out the steps that appear on the front panel to connect the Officejet 4650 printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Finish the Wi-Fi setup by downloading and installing the Officejet 4650 printer driver from this page.
Ways To Aassociate The Officejet 4650 Printer To The Laptop
- USB method: Make sure to power On your Officejet 4650 printer. Ensure that the Windows or Mac laptop is linked to the Wireless Fidelity network to which you intend to connect the Officejet 4650 printer. Switch On your wireless access point and laptop. Disconnect the USB cord from your laptop. Now move to the next method which helps for how to connect HP Officejet 4650 to laptop in a another way.
- Windows laptop: Search for devices and then choose the Devices & Printers control panel setting from the results. Right-click on the Officejet 4650 printer icon and click the Remove Device button.
- Download the software by selecting the Driver Download button given on this site. While installing the driver, select the type of connection as USB. Choose Finish. After the process is complete, use a USB cord to connect your Officejet 4650 printer and the Windows laptop.
- Mac laptop: Download the HP Easy Start tool from on your Mac device. If you are instructed to select the mode of connection, click the USB option. Make sure to choose the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan option for turning On the scanner functionality.
- Plug the USB cable to the correct port on your Officejet 4650 printer and the other end to your Mac system. If instructed, add your Officejet 4650 printer to the list in the Print Using or Use pop-up window. End the installation on the HP Installer dialog box.
- Wi-Fi Direct: Turn On the Officejet 4650 printer, load papers into its tray and install the cartridges to start the process of how to connect HP Officejet 4650 to laptop. Windows: Click Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners. Choose Add a Printer or Scanner -> Show Wi-Fi Direct printers. Select the HP Officejet 4650 printer with DIRECT mentioned in its name.
- Click Add Device and check if the WPS PIN displays on the control panel of the Officejet 4650 printer. If the WPS PIN does not appear on the panel, it will be available on the page that the printer prints. Type the eight digit key on your Windows laptop within ninety seconds. You can now end the Wi-Fi Direct setup by choosing Next.
- Mac: Select the Wireless icon on your Mac laptop. Select the Officejet 4650 printer with Direct in the name. If asked for a password, enter 12345678; it is the default password to sign in. After you type the key, you can carry out any of the printer operations directly from your computer.
- Chromebook: Open the file to be printed on your Chromebook. Choose the Clock button on the bottom right corner of your laptop and select the Wi-Fi icon. Choose your Hewlett Packard printer with DIRECT in its folder name. Enter the password as 12345678 and go to the Main Settings dialog box.
- Click on the Settings option and select Advanced, and then choose the Printers button. Select Add Printer, click your HP Printer’s name, and then choose the Add button. Select the Settings icon on the Chrome browser and click the Print option. Choose the Change option next to the Destinations menu, select the printer model, modify the print settings, and click Print to complete the process of how to connect HP Officejet 4650 to laptop.