How To Connect HP Officejet 5740 Printer To Wifi
To connect the HP Officejet 5740 printer to Wi-Fi, all you need is a Wireless HP Printer. Router with a WPS button and a Wireless network by using WPA or WPA2 password. The Wireless Setup Wizard option is available on the printer’s control panel. You can also use the Wi-Fi Direct option to perform the Print operation. The Wi-Fi Direct option can be used when you use a local Wi-Fi network for connection. For how to connect HP Officejet 5740 printer to wifi, get the printer driver from the manufacturer’s site or install it by using the installation CD that came with your printer.
Quick Steps To Connect The HP Officejet Printer To WiFi
- Gather the Network name and Password. Now connect to your wireless network.
- Make sure to turn on your computer and router.
- Ensure that the computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
- Press the Wireless icon on your printer’s operator panel.
- Touch the Settings icon and select the Wireless Settings option.
- Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Go with the instructions on the printer’s control panel.
- Log into the manufacturer’s site on your browser.
- Enter the printer’s model number and click Submit.
- Install the driver on your computer and try a test print.
Learn More About How To Connect The HP Printer To WiFi
- The main advantage of connecting the printer to a Wi-Fi network is by accessing the printer from anywhere within the network range. For how to connect HP Officejet 5740 printer to wifi on your Windows, follow the instructions given below. Gather the network details such as Network name (SSID) and the Network password (WEP or WPA key).
- Power on your HP printer and make sure to place your printer and computer to the same wireless network. On your printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless icon. In the Wireless summary screen, touch the Settings option located at the bottom-left corner. Now tap the Wireless Settings option below the Ethernet Settings.
- Now, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option and follow the instructions displayed on the printer’s screen once the Wireless setup is complete. Now, download and install the printer driver on your computer.
- Select the Wireless as the connection type when prompted during the installation. On your computer browser, log into the printer’s manufacturer’s site. Click the Printer option in the Let’s identify your product to get started page. Enter your printer’s model number in the respective entry field and click the Submit button.
- To change the operating system, you need to click the Change button. Select your version, and then click the Change button. If you don’t know your Windows version, follow the instructions given here to identify it. To determine the version of Windows 8, right-click the Window icon, and then click the System.
- The system’s version is available on the System label. Now, go back to the Driver installation page, select your version, and click the Download button. The driver download process begins. Once driver download is complete, install it on Windows.
- For how to connect HP Officejet 5740 printer to wifi on your Mac OS, perform the instructions given here. The basic Wireless printer setup method for the Mac OS is almost the same as Windows. After connecting the printer to Wi-Fi, go with the instructions below.
- Make sure to select the connection type as Wireless only when prompted to choose it. On your Mac, sign in to the manufacturer’s site and select your printer name from the list displayed. Click the Printer option in the Let’s identify your product to get started page. Enter your printer name and click the Submit button.
- You have an option to change the operating system in the Driver installation page. To change the operating system, click the Change button. Now, select your operating system from the pop-up menu and choose the Mac version.
- After selecting the options, click Change and then tap the Download button. Once, the download is done, open the HP Easy Start and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 printer to wifi.