How To Connect HP Officejet 5740 To Computer
You can connect the HP OfficeJet 5740 printer to the computer by using either wired or wireless connection. In case you opt for a wired network, establish the connection successfully using the USB cable that came along with your printer parcel. There are two ways with which you can establish a wireless connection. The first method is by using the Ethernet cable, and the other is by connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network. To establish a connection with your printer successfully, associate your printer and system with the same network. Follow the below mentioned steps for how to connect HP Officejet 5740 to computer.
Simple Steps To Connect Your HP Officejet Printer To The Computer
- Remove the packing covering the USB cable that came along with your printer.
- Associate one end of the cable to the rear of your printer.
- Connect the other end of the USB/ OTG cable to the system you use.
- The download and installation of the drivers will be done automatically in the Windows 10 system.
- Open any web browser on the older versions of Windows system.
- Enter the manufacturer’s website in the search box.
- Choose a compatible driver and then download and install the same.
- Double-click the .exe setup file on your system.
- Click Run in the Installation window. Select Finish to complete the installation.
- Mark your HP device as the Default printer and try printing.
Detailed Steps To Connect The HP Printer To Wireless Network
- If you have associated your printer with the computer using the USB, you can convert the connection type whenever necessary. There are different steps for both Windows and Mac system to proceed the process of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 to computer. Meanwhile, check if you have installed the printer driver in prior for your systems. To change the connection type, you will have to connect your printer and the device you use to the same network.
- On your Windows system, launch the HP Printer Setup Utility. Search for the HP and select the name of your printer. Once the folder is opened, click the Utilities option. You can also select the Tools option. Menu names may differ with respect to the OS version.
- Click the Printer Setup and Software option or choose the option Printer Setup and Software or Device Setup and Software. Once the tool launches, click Convert a USB Connected Printer To Wireless. Wait until the completion message is pops-up. You can also change the connection of your printer to wireless by using the HP Smart App.
- Open the HP Smart App on the device you use. Press Learn More next to the Make Printing Easier By Connecting Your Printer Wirelessly option. Now, follow the guidelines displayed on the screen to establish the process of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 to computer.
- If you are using the Mac device to establish the connection, then open the Finder and press Go. Click Applications and choose the HP folder. Double-click on the HP Utility tool. From the All Settings tab, choose the Wireless Setup option.
- If you are unable to find the Wireless setup option, then add your printer through System Preferences. On your HP Officejet printer, select Setup —-> Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Select the Apple icon on your system and choose System Preferences —-> Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners. Verify whether the name of your printer is listed with a suffix Bonjour or Bonjour Multi-function.
- If the name of your printer is displayed in the list, then remove and re-add your printer to the list. Click on the Plus ( + ) symbol. Press the Add Printers and Scanners option. Select the name of your printer by clicking on it and proceed to the next step.
- In case your HP printer is not listed, click the Plus symbol and choose the Add Printers and Scanners option. If your Officejet printer is not listed in the Add Printers and Scanners window, ensure that your printer and the Mac device is connected to the same network. Try adding your printer to the list.
- After adding doing so, click the Use or Print Using menu. Choose the AirPrint or the name of your printer to complete the procedure of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 to computer. Refresh your system and try to print by using your HP Officejet 5740 printer.