How To Connect HP Officejet 5740 Wireless
To connect the HP Officejet 5740 printer to a wireless network or to change from wired to the wireless network, refer to the simple steps given in this article with the quick procedure of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 wireless. Before setting up the wireless connection on the printer, connect the router to a broadband network via a modem or LAN connection. After connecting the printer to a wireless network, install the driver file and choose the connection type as Wireless network. Connect the printer and computer or laptop via a USB cable only if the driver installation prompts you to do so.
Steps To Setup Wireless Connection On HP Officejet 5740 Printer
- Turn the printer to an operative state after connecting it to a power outlet.
- Connect an Ethernet wire between the router and modem to provide high-speed internet access to the printer.
- Connect the computer to the router’s network and get into the web-based setup page of the router.
- If required, change the Network name (SSID) and encryption password of the router to a unique one.
- Go back to the printer’s touch screen panel and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose the Wireless Settings option.
- Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard option and go with the instructions shown on the printer control panel.
- Type the password after selecting the appropriate Network SSID and connect it to the network wirelessly.
Detailed Instructions For Connecting The HP Officejet 5740 Printer Wirelessly
- For how to connect HP Officejet 5740 wireless, first of all, take the printer power cord and connect one end of it to the appropriate jack at the back of the printer. Plug the other end to the power cord to the power outlet. Do not use a power adapter or surge protector between the power source and printer.
- Turn on an access point or a network router. Plug an Ethernet cable between the router and modem to provide an internet connection to the network router. Make sure there are no strong radio or electromagnetic wave disturbances near the router.
- Power up your computer or laptop and connect to the router’s network. Reach the web-based setup page of the router on a web-browser on your computer and set up a unique network SSID and password. This will help you avoid multiple, unidentified devices connecting to your router network.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 5740 printer and ensure that the touchscreen control panel is ready. Tap the Wi-Fi icon present on the printer control panel. Swipe on the dashboard, locate the Settings menu, and select the gear-shaped Settings icon.
- Locate the Wireless Settings option and tap it. Tap Wireless Setup Wizard. Now the HP Officejet 5740 printer searches for the nearby networks. Make sure the router is active, broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal to a considerable range. When the printer displays a list of networks, tap on the unique network name of your router and press OK.
- Type the password in the appropriate field when the printer alerts you to enter the password. Press OK and wait until the printer connects to the wireless network. If the network name is not found, retry the searching process of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 wireless.
- To locate the network manually, press Enter the Network Name Manually. Type the network name and then enter the password manually. The printer identifies and connects to the network. Browse for the manufacturer site on your computer using a web browser. Search for the compatible and updated full feature driver package file for the HP Officejet 5740 printer on the site.
- Follow the installation messages and continue with the installation process. When the installer prompts you to select a connection mode, choose the Wireless option. If the installer requests you to connect the USB cable, plug the cable between the printer and computer and complete the print driver installation process.
- If you have already connected your printer via Ethernet cable, remove the cable and reset the network settings. Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer control panel and connect the printer to the wireless network.
- After connecting to the wireless network, check the connection status. Press the Wireless icon and tap the Settings icon. Press the Print Reports option. Tap Wireless Test Report. Go through the report and check if the connection status is active to complete the process of how to connect HP Officejet 5740 wireless.