How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 To Computer
After you complete the hardware setup of the Officejet Pro 8710 printer, bridge it with your personal computer. Ethernet, USB, and wireless connections can be used to link the printer with other devices. Mobile printing solutions such as Wi-Fi Direct and USB can also be utilized for setting up the connection. The steps on how to connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 to computer using different connection modes are discussed on this web page.
Steps For Connecting Your Officejet Pro 8710 Printer To Computer
- Ascertain that your network router has a WPS button or an icon.
- Locate the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer within the range of your wireless access point.
- Start the WPS connection mode on your Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Open the Wireless, Setup, or Network menu from the touch panel of your Hewlett Packard printer.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Protected option, then select Push Button, and then press the Start button.
- Wait for at least two to four minutes.
- Force press and hold the WPS button on the router for five to seven seconds.
- Return to your Officejet Pro 8710 printer and examine the status of the Wireless bar or lamp.
- Ensure that your PC is associated with the same local network.
- Go to the manufacturer site, find the Officejet Pro 8710 printer driver, and download it.
Brief Procedure To Link The Officejet Pro 8710 Printer To The PC
- Setting up the Officejet Pro 8710 printer for wireless connectivity: Before beginning the setup of how to connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 to computer, make sure your Internet is functioning properly. You may be instructed to enter the name of your network and its password, so make a note of the same. Ensure that no USB or Ethernet cable is attached to your Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Set up the wireless connection using the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s touch panel. Open the Dashboard by swiping the tab on the front panel of the Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Touch the Wireless symbol, then select the Settings option, and then touch the Wireless Settings button. Now, tap either the Wi-Fi Protected Setup or Wireless Setup Wizard option and then carry out the prompts on the display to finish the wireless setup.
- USB setup: Make sure that your Officejet Pro 8710 printer is in the Active state. Get a USB cord of the appropriate length, else use the one that came with the Officejet Pro 8710 printer. Deinstall the driver from your system if you have installed it previously.
- From the personal computer, launch a browser such as IE, Chrome, or Firefox and then go to the official web page. Search for your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer and in the drop-down list box, enter the operating system that is launched on your computer. Choose the Download button and after the process is complete, start installing the driver.
- While you are asked to select a mode of connection, choose the USB radio button. When a screen prompts you to insert a USB cord, plug it between your Officejet Pro 8710 printer and the Mac or Windows device. Now, complete the installation by adding your Officejet Pro 8710 printer to the list of available devices.
- Google Cloud Print: Confirm whether your Officejet Pro 8710 printer is switched On. Make sure you have installed all the ink cartridges. Connect your computer and Officejet Pro 8710 printer to the same network. Go to your PC and then open the Chrome browser. In the search field, type chrome://devices and press Enter.
- Google Cloud Print searches for devices that are linked to the network. If the Officejet Pro 8710 printer is found under the New Devices window, choose Register. Click Register again to print a confirmation sheet. If the Officejet Pro 8710 printer is listed under the My Devices window, it indicates that the printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print.
- Ethernet connection: Confirm that you have a wireless router with Ethernet ports. Link your personal computer to the wireless access point. Get an Ethernet cord and do not use a telephone cord. Power On your Officejet Pro 8710 printer and discard from the protective cover from its rear.
- Now, insert the Ethernet cord to the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer and the correct port located on your wireless router. The Ethernet setup ends after you launch the driver from the manufacturer’s web page. After completing the Ethernet connection, add the Officejet Pro 8710 printer to the list and then print a test sheet. For more information regarding how to connect HP Officejet Pro 8710 to computer, contact with us now.