- 123.hp.com »
- Connect HP Photosmart C4780 to Wi-fi
How to Connect HP Photosmart C4780 to Wi-Fi?
Are you looking for the procedure for connecting your HP Photosmart C4780 printer to your Wi-Fi network? If yes, your search ends here. Connecting your printer to a Wi-Fi network makes it possible to print your documents/pictures wirelessly. This article clearly explains how to connect the HP Photosmart C4780 printer to your Wi-Fi network. We have also explained the procedure for connecting your printer to the computer.
Connect HP Photosmart C4780 To Wi-fi Via Wi-fi Protected Setup (wps)
WPS is the easiest way of connecting your devices to a Wi-Fi network. All you need is a WPS-enabled router. Follow these instructions to know the detailed procedure.
- Press the Wireless menu on your printer’s Home screen and select WPS> Push Button.
- Now, press your router’s WPS button.
- A connection between your printer and router will be established within a few seconds.
- In spite of having a WPS-enabled router, if you cannot locate the WPS button on your router, you can establish the connection via the WPS-PIN method.
- To do this, select PIN instead of the Push Button option (after choosing the WPS option on the Home screen of the printer). Now, your printer will show you a PIN.
- Open your router’s configuration utility and enter the WPS PIN in the respective field.
- Within a short duration, a connection will be established between your HP Photosmart C4780 printer and the router.
How To Connect Your HP C4780 Printer To Your Computer
The appropriate software should be installed on your computer to access your printer. You can get the software for your HP Photosmart C4780 printer from its official website. The following instructions will show you how to do the same.
- From your default browser, visit the official support page of HP.
- Enter HP Photosmart C4780 in the search area and click Submit.
- When it shows you the search results, click on the right printer.
- On the product support page, click Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Your OS will be detected, and the compatible drivers will be displayed.
- Select the most appropriate software and click Download.
- Locate the downloaded driver and run the setup file.
- If you are installing the software on a Windows computer, click Yes when the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box pops up. For a Mac computer, enter the administrator credentials when prompted.
- Now, you need to accept all of the terms and conditions when the software’s license agreement screen displays.
- Very soon, you’ll be prompted to pick the connection method; since you are selecting the Wireless connection option, ensure to connect your printer to the same network your computer is connected to.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and then complete the installation.
- You can now access your printer from the computer, since both devices are connected to the same network.
This is the procedure for connecting your HP Photosmart C4780 printer to your Wi-Fi network or How to Connect HP Photosmart C4780 to Wi-Fi. For further questions and clarifications, you can use the call option to get in touch with our expert team.