- Connect HP Officejet 4650 To Computer
How To Connect My HP Officejet 4650 To My Computer
There are many methods supported by HP Officejet 4560 to connect it to your computer. You can connect it using a USB cable, wireless or wired network, or Wi-Fi Direct. The USB setup method can be used if you want to connect only one device to your printer. For a wireless network setup, you require the SSID and password to connect. The HP Wireless Direct method is preferred when you try to print from your mobile device, laptop, or computer that supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature. From the quick steps provided below, you can learn how to connect my HP Officejet 4650 to my computer using a USB cable.
How To Connect The Printer Through A USB Cable
- Make sure you remove all the printer versions before you begin the setup.
- Turn on the printer and check if it is in a ready state.
- Go to the search field in Windows, and type ‘devices.’
- In the ‘devices’ list, click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ button.
- Locate the icon of your printer model, right-click on it and select ’Remove Device’ from the drop-down list.
- Download the compatible driver for your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Open the downloaded driver and follow the instructions.
- Choose ‘USB connection’ when the program prompts you to select a printer connection type.
- Insert the USB cable into the computer from your printer only when prompted.
- Test the print, scan, and fax services after installation is complete.
How To Configure A Wireless Printer Connection
- For how to connect my HP Officejet 4650 to my computer, make sure you have necessary information like the network name and password on hand before turning on the router, the printer, and the computer.
- Now, turn on the computer, the printer and the router. The sequence in this step does not have any effect on the wireless printer setup and does not have to be strictly followed.
- The printer has to be within the working range of the router, so make sure the printer is close to the router for easy detection.
- Make sure the computer is paired with the same wireless network as the printer. Incorrect wireless network connection is one of the main issues that result in a wireless printer connection failure.
- Remove any previously connected USB/ethernet cables from the printer and then proceed to the next step for how to connect my HP Officejet 4650 to my computer. These USB or Ethernet cables can interfere with the wireless connection setup.
- Using the wireless setup wizard on the HP installer program, your computer can detect your printer automatically. Press the Wi-Fi symbol on the control panel of the printer, and the ‘Wireless’ screen will be displayed.
- Proceed to touch the settings icon following which you can touch the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard.’ Follow the guidelines mentioned on your screen, and your printer will be connected to the wireless network.
- Download the HP full feature print driver from the manufacturer. This driver comprises the HP Printer Assistant software for miscellaneous functions like scanning and the wireless print drivers as well.
- From the Downloads folder, locate the file that begins with HP Easy Start and double-click on the file to open it.
- You will see a pop-up prompt on the screen where you have to select the software and driver. Choose the option that reads ‘Full Software And Drivers and click on ‘Continue. Keep following the on-screen instructions to finish the driver installation and the wireless setup without any hassles.
- There is a quick and easy option called Wi-Fi Direct to connect the printer to a wireless connection without a router. Turn on Wi-Fi Direct by touching the Wi-Fi Direct button on the printer’s control panel. Then, touch the settings button and the Wi-Fi Direct button subsequently. Now you can see the Wi-Fi Direct name and password on the control panel.
- You can use any device that supports the Wi-Fi direct feature to connect the device to the printer and print any document of your choice. All you should do is locate the Wi-Fi Direct printer name on the Wi-Fi Direct supported device from the available printers list and select the printer name that reads as ‘Direct Officejet 4650’. After this, the Wi-Fi Direct pairing is complete, and now you can print your document by finish the final step of how to connect my HP Officejet 4650 to my computer.