HP Deskjet Printers »
CONNECT HP DESKJET 2600 TO LAPTOP
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP DESKJET 2600 PRINTER TO MY LAPTOP
Connecting a printer to any network device has become easier over time with improved technology, and wireless connectivity is something that every user prefers nowadays. In the past, if you haven’t connected your printer to any of the network devices (Laptop), then this guide will help you solve the doubt – How do connect the HP DeskJet 2600 printer to my laptop. We have listed out two of the connection methods (Wired and Wireless). Depending on your choice, you can choose any of the two methods. Let us deep dive into the topic.
CONNECTING THE HP PRINTER TO A LAPTOP (Wired Connection Method):
- First, turn off the printer.
- Connect the USB cable between your HP printer and the laptop.
- If your laptop is unable to find the printer, then use other USB ports to establish a wired connection between your HP printer and the laptop.
- Connect your laptop to a reliable Internet connection.
- Open the default web browser and land on the printer’s support page.
- Enter your laptop’s OS version and select the relevant printer drivers from the list.
- Download the appropriate printer drivers on your laptop.
- Once the download is over, you can carry on with the driver installation steps.
- Follow the prompts and finish the driver installation steps.
- After that, go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel window.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound menu.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on Add a Printer and choose your HP DeskJet 2600 printer from the list.
- It is always recommended to keep your printer as a default one.
- Click the Finish tab to complete the overall wired connection process.
CONNECTING THE HP PRINTER TO A LAPTOP (Wireless Connection Method):
Once the initial and wireless connection setup is over on your printer and laptop, you can proceed with the following steps.
- Ensure that your laptop and the printer use the same network and are placed within the Wi-Fi range.
- Open the Windows Search text bar and type Printer.
- Under Best match, click on the Printers & Scanner option.
- In the Settings window, select Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Choose your printer from the list of wireless printers available in the range.
- Select Add device.
- Wait patiently until the OS sets up the necessary drivers and adds the printer to your laptop.
- If the prompt asks you to download additional software, download and install the software from the Microsoft Store.
- Once the wireless connection is established, print a test page to check whether the printer is able to perform the printing task as per your commands.
- Close the Settings page when you are finished.
- If you cannot see your HP printer’s name in the Add window, you can connect the printer to your laptop using a USB cable.
STEPS TO ESTABLISH A WIRELESS CONNECTION MAC:
- Click on the Apple symbol in the top-left corner of the home screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- On the next window, click the + icon (near the screen’s bottom-left corner).
- If you have followed the above-given steps and established a wireless connection, the HP printer name will be displayed on your Mac screen.
- If your Mac laptop is unable to find the printer, then you may need to connect the HP printer using a USB cable.
So, by following any of the connection methods, you can easily connect the HP DeskJet 2600 printer to your laptop. To enquire more, call our technicians.