HP Envy »
How to connect
How to Connect to HP Envy 5660 to Computer, Laptop, Mac and Wifi
Read guidelines to work on how to connect to HP Envy 5660 printer to computer, connect to laptop, connect to mac and fixing not connecting to wifi issue.
How to Connect to HP Envy 5660
- Begin collecting the network credentials of the router.
- Verify that all the devices are in an active state.
- Review for the driver updates for the software installed previously.
- Switch the USB connection into wireless.
- Explore for HP folder in the C drive and then click on your printer.
- Click the Printer Setup & Software Selection option from Utilities.
- Click on “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.”
- Understand the directions displayed on the screen and connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect HP Envy 5660 to My Computer
- Position the printer near your computer to establish a wired connection.
- Plug your HP printer into a power source and press the Power button.
- How to connect to HP Envy 5660 and computer using a USB cable.
- Click Start and choose Settings, located at the lower side of the window
- Click Devices — > Printers & Scanners tab on the left side of the window.
- Find Add a printer or scanner at the top of the page and click it.
- Identify your HP printer from the list and choose Add device.
- Customize the settings and use CD to install the printer software.
How to Connect HP Envy 5660 Printer to Laptop
- The following steps aid you with some convenient ways to connect HP Envy to the computer.
- Collect the network name and network password before connecting the wireless network to the printer.
- The network name is given as service set identifier (SSID), and the network password as WEP or WPA key.
- Turn on the printer and How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to the wireless network.
- Press the wireless icon on the printer control panel, and then click the button located below the settings.
- Enter your network name manually, if it is not available on the list.
- Also, enter the WEP key or WPA security key when prompted.
- Download and install the latest version of the printer’s full feature software from the website.
How to connect HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac
- You can connect the HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac via Apple Software Update.
- Either by using the local Wi-Fi or USB cable, How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to your computer.
- Build a new print queue on the Mac device to install the driver using Apple Update.
- Go to System Preferences by clicking the Apple menu.
- Navigate to Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan options depending on the OS version.
- Add your printer by clicking on the ‘+’ icon. Click Add Printer or Scanner.
- Select the HP Envy 5660 printer, then proceed with the next step.
- You can now click on Use or Print Using menu before selecting your printer’s name.
- Click Add and close the preferences window.
HP Envy 5660 printer Not Connected
- The printer might have gone offline.
- Restore the factory settings of HP Envy 5660 to its default.
- The basic settings like language, tray size will not get changed.
- Power off your HP device and disconnect it from the power source.
- Reconnect and power up your Envy printer after 30 seconds.
- Turn on the device, press and hold Resume button for at least 15 seconds.
- Notice if the Attention light turns on and blinking.
- Now, release the Resume button, the Attention, and Ready lights flash.
- The Envy 5660 printer will begin restoring to factory defaults.
- Check the printer’s status on the computer. If the state is offline, then the issue is fixed.
HP Envy 5660 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- The printer may not identify your network and won’t connect to it properly.
- Restart both of the devices and connect it back to the network.
- Troubleshoot the HP Envy 5660 printer to resolve the issue.
- You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Visit the website and click the download button or link.
- An HPPSdr.exe file gets downloaded in ZIP format.
- Go to the Downloads location and extract the file.
- Launch the app and click Start on the welcome screen.
- Choose Fix Printing and follow the directions displayed by the diagnoser.
- The tool will fix the issue and help to How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to the network.