How to Connect to HP Envy 5660
- Begin collecting the network credentials of the router.
- Verify that all the devices are in an active state.
- Review for the driver updates for the software installed previously.
- Switch the USB connection into wireless.
- Explore for HP folder in the C drive and then click on your printer.
- Click the Printer Setup & Software Selection option from Utilities.
- Click on “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.”
- Understand the directions displayed on the screen and connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect HP Envy 5660 to My Computer
- Position the printer near your computer to establish a wired connection.
- Plug your HP printer into a power source and press the Power button.
- How to connect to HP Envy 5660 and computer using a USB cable.
- Click Start and choose Settings, located at the lower side of the window
- Click Devices — > Printers & Scanners tab on the left side of the window.
- Find Add a printer or scanner at the top of the page and click it.
- Identify your HP printer from the list and choose Add device.
- Customize the settings and use CD to install the printer software.
How to Connect HP Envy 5660 Printer to Laptop
- The following steps aid you with some convenient ways to connect HP Envy to the computer.
- Collect the network name and network password before connecting the wireless network to the printer.
- The network name is given as service set identifier (SSID), and the network password as WEP or WPA key.
- Turn on the printer and How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to the wireless network.
- Press the wireless icon on the printer control panel, and then click the button located below the settings.
- Enter your network name manually, if it is not available on the list.
- Also, enter the WEP key or WPA security key when prompted.
- Download and install the latest version of the printer’s full feature software from the website.
How to connect HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac
- You can connect the HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac via Apple Software Update.
- Either by using the local Wi-Fi or USB cable, How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to your computer.
- Build a new print queue on the Mac device to install the driver using Apple Update.
- Go to System Preferences by clicking the Apple menu.
- Navigate to Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan options depending on the OS version.
- Add your printer by clicking on the ‘+’ icon. Click Add Printer or Scanner.
- Select the HP Envy 5660 printer, then proceed with the next step.
- You can now click on Use or Print Using menu before selecting your printer’s name.
- Click Add and close the preferences window.
HP Envy 5660 printer Not Connected
- The printer might have gone offline.
- Restore the factory settings of HP Envy 5660 to its default.
- The basic settings like language, tray size will not get changed.
- Power off your HP device and disconnect it from the power source.
- Reconnect and power up your Envy printer after 30 seconds.
- Turn on the device, press and hold Resume button for at least 15 seconds.
- Notice if the Attention light turns on and blinking.
- Now, release the Resume button, the Attention, and Ready lights flash.
- The Envy 5660 printer will begin restoring to factory defaults.
- Check the printer’s status on the computer. If the state is offline, then the issue is fixed.
HP Envy 5660 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- The printer may not identify your network and won’t connect to it properly.
- Restart both of the devices and connect it back to the network.
- Troubleshoot the HP Envy 5660 printer to resolve the issue.
- You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Visit the website and click the download button or link.
- An HPPSdr.exe file gets downloaded in ZIP format.
- Go to the Downloads location and extract the file.
- Launch the app and click Start on the welcome screen.
- Choose Fix Printing and follow the directions displayed by the diagnoser.
- The tool will fix the issue and help to How to connect to HP Envy 5660 to the network.