- Connect To HP Officejet 5740
How To Connect To HP Officejet 5740
To connect to the HP Officejet 5740 printer, you need to ensure that your printer and computer are turned on. Complete the basic setup process of how to connect to HP Officejet 5740 printer to a wireless network and then install the printer driver software. Ensure that you provide the same network connection for both the devices. For a wired setup, use an Ethernet cable to connect the devices. Make sure that you place the devices within the range of the wireless network to ensure a strong connection.
Steps To Connect HP Officejet 5740
- Perform the steps below to know how to connect your HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Complete the basic setup procedures like unwrapping, aligning the printhead, paper loading, and installing the cartridges.
- Make sure that the printer and the device you wish to connect are turned on.
- Wait until the printer remains idle after the initialization process.
- Insert the Ethernet cable into the rear of the printer and connect the other end to the computer.
- Provide a network connection to the printer and your PC.
- Install the printer driver after downloading it from an authentic site.
Detailed Description To Connect To HP Officejet 5740 Printer
Connect your HP Officejet 5740 printer to the computer
- For how to connect to HP Officejet 5740, first turn on the computer, and the router.
- Make sure that you place the printer close to the computer and within the range of the network.
- On the control panel of the printer, look for the Wireless icon.
- The following screen will print a summary of your wireless network.
- The SSID and the network password of your network are displayed on this screen.
- Locate the OK button at the end of the summary and tap it.
- From the menu displayed, select the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard from the list.
- Proceed the steps below by following the instructions displayed on the control panel for how to connect to HP Officejet 5740 to the wireless network.
- Now connect the same network to your PC.
- You can also ensure proper network connectivity via the WPS method, which is applicable for the 5740 printer.
- Locate the Wireless button on the device and press it for a few seconds.
- Wait until the Wireless light on the printer flashes indicating a successful connection.
- Launch your preferred search engine and download the HP Officejet 5740 printer driver from a trusted site or the manufacturer’s site.
- Make sure that the downloaded printer driver is compatible with the device.
- Install the driver by extracting the downloaded files.
- You can also connect the HP Officejet 5740 printer to your mobile.
- Ensure that you enable the Wi-Fi connection on your mobile.
- Make sure that you connect the same network to which you have linked your printer.
- Launch the document or file that you want to print and select them.
- Locate the Print icon and select the name of your printer from the Print Preview page.
- Alter the print settings if required and tap the Print option. Find out more solution regarding how to connect to HP Officejet 5740 printer, contact us now.