- Connect To HP Officejet 6962
How To Connect To HP Officejet 6962
You can connect the HP Officejet 6962 to your home computer, tab, smartphones, and many more. A connection can be established via USB/Ethernet cable or by wireless means. For the process of how to connect to HP Officejet 6962 printer to your network wirelessly, make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard feature. For a wired connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect the device to your router. Make sure to complete the basic setup process before you connect your printer to the computer and network.
Steps To Connect HP Officejet 6962
- The steps below explain the procedure to connect your printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Turn on the HP Officejet 6962 printer and wait until the printer completes its initialization process.
- Download the printer driver on your PC from an authorized site.
- Make sure that the driver software and your printer are compatible.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Make sure you select the printer connection type as USB.
- Connect the printer and the computer via a USB cable.
- Avoid using a USB hub as the device may not receive enough power to operate.
- Check the status of the printer connection from the Devices and Printers window.
Detailed Description To Connect To A HP Officejet 6962
- To connect to an HP Officejet 6962 printer by wireless means, initially, provide a network connection to your computer or the mobile device. Make sure the network should be the one to which you want to connect the printer to start the process of how to connect to HP Officejet 6962.
- In case of a smartphone or tablet, enable the Bluetooth option to streamline the initial setup. Restore the printer network settings to factory defaults. Swipe down the tab on the printer to open the dashboard and locate the control panel.
- Select the Printer Setup option. Locate the Network option and tap it. Choose the Restore Network Settings from the Wireless or Network menu. Wait until the wireless signal on the printer turns on.
- Place the printer and the computer close enough. Now, connect the printer to your internet connection. Tap the Wireless icon to select the Settings menu.
- From the menu choose the Wireless Settings option, locate Wireless Setup Wizard, and select it. Proceed with the wireless setup by following the instructions displayed on the screen of the control panel for how to connect to HP Officejet 6962.
- To connect your HP Officejet 6962 printer to a wired connection when you are already connected to Wi-Fi, head to your system and launch the System Preferences window.
- Select the Printers and Scanner option on the window. Navigate to the left pane and locate the name of your printer to select it. Select the ‘-’ button at the bottom of the list.
- Connect your PC and printer via Ethernet cable. Now, click the + button below the printer list and select your printer.
- On the Use pop-up menu, select your printer model and click the Add option. The printer will now connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- This procedure for how to connect to HP Officejet 6962 printer is applicable on MAC OS. In case of Windows OS, connecting the Ethernet cable to your printer will automatically turn off the wireless capability.