How To Factory Reset HP Officejet Pro 8620
A factory reset is done to restore the system settings to default. This option is used to rectify the minor errors and clear out the memory. If your HP Officejet Pro 8620 is not working due to system error displayed on the screen and printer is unable to print, performing the process of how to factory reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 will help you overcome these issues. There are three reset types you can choose depending on the intensity of the issue. Refer to the simple reset guidelines provided below to bring back the default factory settings on your printer.
Simple Ways To Factory Reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 Printer
- Turn ON your printer, complete the on-going task, or cancel all the pending tasks.
- Wait for the printer carriage to be idle and silent before you continue.
- Unplug the power cord from an electrical outlet.
- Connect the cord back into the outlet.
- Plug in the power cable to the rear side of the printer.
- Turn on the printer. You can see a warning message and lights flashing on the printer. The carriage shifts to the access area.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Try removing and reseating the printhead 2-3 times.
Quick Guide To Factory Reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 Printer
- If your Officejet Pro 8620 printer is not working due to some functionality error, then you can fix the issue through the process of how to factory reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer. If you have disabled or enabled any functions and changed some settings by mistake, you can change them back to the default setting by resetting the printer.
- There are various ways to reset and restore the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to the factory defaults. Below are some of the simple methods for resetting the printer setting.
- To restore and reset the printer, open the Setup menu on the touch screen. Click on the Tools option, scroll down to the Restore Factory Defaults option. Select the Yes option to continue, and a message will appear stating that the printer default setting has been restored. Click on the OK option, and your printer will be restored to the default settings.
- If you want the original network settings to be restored on your printer, click on the Setup icon from the printer touch screen, and then go to the Network Setup option. Scroll down to the Restore Network Defaults option and select it. Click on the OK option to complete the network settings restoration. The network configuration page will be printed stating that the network settings have been reset.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 series printer has a secret support menu. You can access several troubleshooting services that can be used whenever the printer goes out of control. To access the secret support menu, you need to follow the steps below for how to factory reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer.
- Turn off your printer and wait for a few minutes before turning ON the printer. While pressing the ON button, press the back button on the front panel four times. You should see the support menu on the display.
- There are various options under the support menu. Navigate to the reset menu by pressing the left and right navigation buttons on the printer panel. Click on the reset menu, and there will be three reset types- the partial reset, semi-full reset, and the full reset.
- If you want to fix minor issues like slow printing, cartridge error, alignment error, etc., you can choose the partial reset option. This option resets partially by clearing out unnecessary memory from the printer.
- Semi-full reset is the most useful type of reset, this option clears all the custom settings from your printer and returns it to the default factory settings.
- A full reset is the most potent reset option. If none of the reset options worked out, then full reset will help you reset. This option clears all the settings of your printer. You can also find more information regarding how to factory reset HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer from our tech experts now by connect with them.