How To Fax On HP Officejet 4655
The HP Officejet 4655 printer’s fax functionality allows you to transmit documents to another fax machine and receive documents as well. The fax setup is very easy if the below-given steps are followed properly. Before faxing, check whether you have all the requirements necessary to set up the fax on your printer. The process of how to fax on HP Officejet 4655 is more secure than Email or postal mail. Setup fax to send and receive any document.
Quick Solution On How To Fax On HP Officejet 4655
- Check if you have a telephone cord to establish the connection.
- Associate the phone cord with the phone’s wall jack and the single line jack available at the back of the printer.
- Attach the phone cord between the answering machine and the 2-EXT jack present at the rear of the printer.
- Modify the fax settings and preferences with the help of the Fax Setup Wizard.
- Run a fax test to check if you have set up the connection successfully.
- Enter the recipient’s number by using the keypad to send a fax.
- Tap the Black, Color, or Send button to start sending the fax.
Detailed Solution On How To Fax On HP Officejet 4655
- Prior to proceeding to the fax setup, check whether you have the telephone cord provided while purchasing the printer.
- Make use of the cord that came with the HP printer to link your printer and computer. If you do not have the cord that came with your printer, then make use of a cord with two connectors.
- Now, you should connect the phone cord to the wall jack of the phone and the 1-Line jack at the back of the HP printer.
- To link the answering machine, you have to connect the phone cord between the machine and the jack named 2-EXT which is available at the printer’s rear.
- The succeeding step is to modify the fax settings and preferences as per your requirement. Open the Fax Setup Wizard on your computer and configure the fax settings. Else, from the printer’s control panel, you can select Fax or Setup menu.
Modify The Following Settings For How To Fax On HP Officejet 4655:
- Fax Header: Enter a text for the header. This header will be displayed on your receiver’s fax machine whenever you send a fax.
- Answer Mode/Auto Answer: Enabling this mode will answer the calls that you receive after a specific number of rings to accept the incoming faxes.
- Rings to answer: The printer counts the number of rings and answers the calls.
- Ring Type: You can make use of the All Rings or the Distinctive Rings option as the ring type.
- Dial Type: Set a dial tone that matches your printer.
- Fax Volume: The volume level needs to be set as per your choice. If you want your printer to print without making a sound, select the Volume Off option.
- Run a fax test to check whether you have set up the connection properly. The fax report will let you know if any tests have failed. You can find the option to print the fax report under the Fax or Setup menu to end the requirements for how to fax on HP Officejet 4655 printer.
TO SEND A FAX:
- Place the document that you wish to fax in the Automatic Document Feeder. Look at the guide to know how to place your document.
- Ensure that the input tray contains papers to print any fax report. Do not use the phone while trying to fax.
- Specify the number of the recipient along with the country code if necessary. Tap the Black, Color, or the Send button to start sending the fax.
- The fax will be delivered from the sender based on the settings you modified. Still you need more information regarding how to fax on HP Officejet 4655 printer, then make a connection with our technical experts right now.