How To Fax With HP Officejet 4630
Fax commonly called as facsimile or telecopying is a process of transmitting the data through a telephone that is connected to the HP Officejet 4630 printer. The document or photo is scanned with your Officejet 4630 printer and the content is transmitted as a single graphics file. The item is transferred as telecommunication links. The brief guidelines on how to fax with HP Officejet 4630 is provided on this web page. Make sure that your HP Officejet 4630 printer supports the Fax feature.
Procedure On How To Fax Using The HP Officejet 4630 Printer
- Your Officejet 4630 printer needs to be tailored for faxing.
- Obtain the telephone cable; it is usually shipped with the Hewlett Packard printer.
- Get a telephone cord with the two leads if the original one is not available.
- Insert the phone cable into the telephone wall jack.
- Plug the 1 LINE jack at the Officejet 4630 printer’s rear.
- Attach the telephone cord to your answering machine if needed.
- Record voice calls without noise interference if the answering machine is used.
- Set up all the fax preferences and settings on the Officejet 4630 printer’s touch display.
- Tap the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report button.
- Wait until your HP printer prints a report.
Brief Steps On How To Fax With HP Officejet 4630 Printer
- Make use of the telephone cord that came with the HP Officejet 4630 printer. If you have lost the cord, use the one that has two wire lead connectors. Make sure you do not utilize a cord that has four connectors.
- To your phone wall jack, connect one end of the telephone cord. Now, get to the rear of your HP Officejet 4630 printer and insert a 1 LINE jack. To use an answering machine, plug the phone cord.
- Attach the 2 EXT jack at your Officejet 4630 printer’s back. Now, your answering device will record calls without any disruption. Make use of the HP software for setting up the fax settings. For Windows computers, use the Fax Setup Wizard. If you are a Mac user, the Basic Fax Settings dialog box can be used. Mention the recipient’s name to whom you want to send the fax in the Fax Header field.
- The fax header includes your name and contact number. If you want to attend the call after a specified number of rings, choose the Auto Answer or Answer Mode option. If you need silent faxing, disable the Fax Volume feature.
- To confirm whether the fax procedure was done successfully, do a fax test. Find the Fax Test Report or Run Fax Test button on the front panel of your Officejet 4650 printer and touch it. A page gets printed with results and has instruction to rectify any issues that have occurred with the fax service. Find below instruction for more about how to fax with HP Officejet 4630.
Send A Fax:
Inform the receiver that you are going to send a fax. Keep the document that you wish to fax. You can place the file to be faxed either in the Automatic Document Feeder or on the flatbed scanner glass. Make sure to keep the text or image according to the width guides or sliders.
Ensure that enough new papers are loaded into the Officejet 4650 printer’s input tray. Do not use the phone line if you are sending a fax. Make use of the touch keypad on your Officejet 4650 printer to mention the receiver’s name, area code, and other details.
You can now start sending the fax by pressing either the Black, Start, or Color button. If a busy tone is heard, it indicates that the intended recipient’s line is busy. Try doing the fax job later. Wait until your receiver accepts the fax manually if you hear his/her voice on the telephone. To check if the fax was sent properly, review the report that gets printed by the Officejet 4650 printer.
Receive A Fax:
Once you have done the setup correctly, the incoming faxes will be received by your Officejet 4650 printer. The received faxes will get printed or saved on your Windows or Mac Personal Computer. To receive the faxes manually, press the correct button on your Hewlett Packard printer’s touch panel. The settings will generally be available in the Setup or Fax menu of the printer’s operation panel. If needed, turn On the 2-Sided Faxing option so that the received fax gets printed on both the sides of a sheet and complete the flow of how to fax with HP Officejet 4630 printer.