- Fax With HP OfficeJet 4630
How To Fax With HP OfficeJet 4630
Fax, commonly called facsimile or telecopying, is a process of transmitting data through a telephone that is connected to the HP OfficeJet 4630 printer. First, the document or photo will be scanned on your OfficeJet 4630 printer, and it will be transmitted as a single graphics file. Before you start the faxing process, make sure that your HP OfficeJet 4630 printer supports the fax feature. To learn how to fax with HP OfficeJet 4630, we have given the simple guidelines on this page.
Procedure On How To Fax Using The HP OfficeJet 4630 Printer
- Make sure to have a telephone cord.
- If you have received the cable with your printer, then use it.
- Plug one of the ends of the telephone cord into the wall jack and the opposite end into the 1-LINE jack at the rear of the printer.
- In case you have a telephone answering machine, connect the phone cord to the device and to the 2-EXT jack of the printer’s rear.
- It will allow your telephone answering machine to record voice calls, usually without recording the fax noises.
Fax With HP OfficeJet 4630 Using The HP Smart App
- Ensure to connect your computer to a standard Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the HP Smart app on your computer and click on the Mobile Fax option from the list.
- If you don’t see the Mobile Fax option, select the Personalize option.
- Here, click the toggle button to add the Mobile Fax option to the HP Smart app’s home screen.
- In the Mobile Fax window, click on the Compose Fax tab.
- Now, input the recipient’s fax number and choose the country/region code in the To field.
- Enter your name and phone number in the From field.
- Select the “File and Cover Page” field and attach the file that you want to fax.
- Finally, click the Send Fax button.
- Now, you have learned how to fax with HP OfficeJet 4630.
Send A Fax Using The HP Software
- Make sure to download the respective HP printer software on your computer.
- Check whether the telephone cord is properly plugged into your printer.
- On your computer, choose the document that you want to fax.
- Select the Print option on the File menu from the application.
- In the Name list, choose the printer that has a fax in its name.
- Open the Properties dialog box to change the fax settings.
- After completing all the settings, click OK.
- Select the Print or OK option.
- Now, enter the fax number and other information for the recipient and change any other settings for the fax.
- Click on the Send fax button.
- Now, the printer will automatically start the HP OfficeJet 4630 process.
- Thus, you have completed another part of the how to fax with HP OfficeJet 4630 process.
Receive A Fax From The Printer’s Control Panel
- First, check if the printer is turned on and load the sheets into the input paper tray.
- If you have loaded any document into the ADF, remove it.
- Make sure to set the Rings to Answer setting to a high number, which lets you respond to the incoming call before the printer answers.
- Otherwise, disable the Auto Answer feature. In that case, your printer will not be able to answer incoming calls automatically.
- In case you are currently on the phone with the sender of the fax, convey to the sender to press Send New Fax on their fax machine.
- Once you get the fax, go to the printer’s home screen and select Fax using the arrow buttons.
- Press OK and select Receive Fax Manually.
- When the printer starts to receive the fax, you can hang up the phone or remain on the line.
- The phone line will be silent during the fax process.
Well, In The End!
So, here we have included the instructions for sending and receiving the fax. Hopefully, you would have learned how to fax with HP OfficeJet 4630 by executing the above instructions on this page. To get an instant solution for your printer issue, contact us using the Click to Call button on this page.