- 123.hp.com »
- Fix HP Printer Cartridge Problem
How To Fix HP Printer Cartridge Problem
Due to several reasons, you may end up with a cartridge problem on your HP printer. This issue often occurs when your printer fails to recognize the color and black ink cartridges. However, you can resolve this issue with some basic troubleshooting solutions. On this web page, we will show you how to fix the Cartridge Problem error on your HP printer. Try these solutions one by one and then see if they can resolve your problem.
Ensure You Are Using Genuine HP Cartridges
- Before you proceed with the advanced solutions, ensure that you are all good with the basics. First and foremost, make sure that you’ve installed genuine HP cartridges on your printer.
- If you install any third-party ink cartridges, it might be the source of your problem. Therefore, see to it that you are removing the third-party cartridges and replacing them with genuine HP cartridges.
Check The Estimated Ink Levels And Replace The Low And Empty Cartridges
- If the cartridges run low on ink, you may end up with a problem.
- To fix this, open the HP printer software and click the Estimated Ink Levels tab at the top.
- This will display an estimate of the remaining ink on the cartridges. If you find any low or empty cartridges, replace them straight away.
- If you don’t find any glitches with these basics, check the electronic chip on the cartridges by referring to the following section.
Wipe Cartridge Contacts
- If the gold contacts on the cartridge’s electronic chip are damaged or obscured with dirt, you may end up with a problem.
- To fix this, remove the problematic cartridge from your printer and locate the chip. Ensure that it is not damaged physically. If it is damaged, you need to replace it with a new one.
- In case you find dirt on the gold contacts, wipe them down using a lint-free cloth. Also, ensure that the gold contacts inside the printer are also clean. If not, clean them.
- Now, check if the cartridge problem is resolved on your HP printer.
In this way, you should fix your HP printer’s cartridge problem. In case you still cannot rectify the issue, reach our technical experts for real-time assistance using the call option.