HP Laserjet 1005 »
- Install Scanner
How To Install HP Laserjet M1005 MFP Scanner
To install the HP Laserjet M1005 MFP Scanner, you can choose the installation method that uses a setup CD, or you can download the driver from our site and install it manually. HP Laserjet M1005 MFP is a multifunction printer capable of handling tasks such as scanning, printing, and copying. Setting up the printer is quite simple. Follow these simple guidelines mentioned below to find out how to install HP Laserjet M1005 mfp scanner on your computer. The minimum system requirements for HP M1005 are Mac OS X v10.3 for Mac computers, and Windows 2000 for Windows computers.
How To Install The HP M1005 Printer On A Computer
- Take the HP M1005 installation CD from the printer’s box.
- Place it on the CD drive of the computer and push it in.
- Copy the HP M1005 CD contents to a USB flash drive from another computer if the computer does not have a CD drive.
- Plug in the USB drive with the HP M1005 driver to a USB port. From our website, navigate to the search bar, type the printer model, and download the driver by clicking the Download button.
- Open the HP M1005 driver location and double-click the file.
- Click the Install button and click on the Agree to the terms checkbox.
- Click Next to initialize the installation and follow the on-screen guidelines.
- Power on the HP M1005 MFP printer.
- Perform the connections when the prompt appears on the screen.
- Click Finish and test scan a document on your HP M1005 printer.
How To Unbox And Set Up An HP Laserjet M1005 Printer
- For how to install HP Laserjet M1005 mfp scanner, first open the carton and lift the HP Laserjet M1005 printer out of the box. The styrofoam packaging can be set aside for recycling. Remove the orange tape that is stuck to the printer components for keeping their lids closed.
- Keep the installation CD nearby so that you can use it for the driver installation later. The CD can be used to install the driver on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Remove the USB cable and the power cable from the HP M1005 package. The toner cartridge can be unpacked at this stage. Open the cartridge door where the toner cartridge has to be placed.
- Pull the orange tape all the way out from the toner cartridge and place it in the appropriate slot by sliding it in through the grooves in the printer cartridge slot.
- Take the paper pickup assembly from the package and open its lid to get the paper output tray out. Insert the paper output tray into its slot which is located just above the paper pickup tray assembly.
- Insert the paper pickup assembly into its slot on the front side of the printer by pushing it till you hear an audible click. Turn the printer around to check the rear face for the power port and USB port.
- When you locate the power port, take the power cord of the HP M1005 printer and insert it into the port. Plug the other end of the HP M1005 power cable directly to a power outlet.
- Power on the HP M1005 printer by pressing the Power button. After the HP printer initializes, tap the touchscreen buttons to set the basic preferences.
- Go to the computer, insert the HP M1005 CD, and install the driver. You can set the HP printer connection mode such as USB, and pair the printer to the computer at this stage. When the computer displays the Connect USB Cable prompt, connect the USB cable to the printer and computer.
- Click the Print button after navigating to the document and choose HP M1005 from the drop-down list. Set the required printing preferences and click Print to begin printing. Reach us now for more information related on how to install HP Laserjet M1005 mfp scanner.