How To Install HP Laserjet M1005 MFP
Installing the HP Laserjet Software on a Mac or Windows system is not a difficult task. After performing the hardware of the printer such as ink cartridges, loading papers into the tray, etc., you will have to install the printer driver that is appropriate for your Laserjet printer. Ensure that you connect your printer to a secured network. The driver file format for Windows and Mac system are .exe, and .dmg respectively. You have to install the updated printer driver to experience uninterrupted printer functions. You can also enable the auto-update feature on your system. Find below the quick steps for how to install HP Laserjet m1005 mfp printer.
Quick Steps To Download And Install The Laserjet Printer Driver
- Download the HP printer driver that is compatible with your OS.
- Press the Download button next to the chosen file.
- Wait until the selected driver is downloaded.
- Verify whether the network strength is good.
- Double-click on the HP Setup file to begin the installation.
- Install any additional software if necessary, that came with your driver package.
- Choose a connection type from Wired and Wireless when you are prompted to do so.
- Wait until all the files get installed completely.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions to complete the installation process.
- Press Finish and start performing the printer functions.
Detailed Steps To Install The Printer Driver On Your Computer
- After unboxing your HP printer, connect it to your computer via wired or wireless connection as per your requirement. You can select the type of connection while installing the driver also and find below the detailed instruction for how to install HP Laserjet m1005 mfp printer.
- The connection type can be altered whenever needed. In case you have opted the wired connection type, use the cable that came along with your printer. After the establishment of the connection with your printer and the computer, your device will notify you by popping up the connection message.
- Associate the power cord to your printer and the other end to the direct power socket. Power On your printer and set up the preferences as per your wish. In case you connect your printer and computer using a wireless network, choose your network name using the display panel of your printer. Enter the credentials correctly whenever prompted.
- Check if you have connected your Laserjet printer and the machine to the same network. Once the connection is established successfully, Windows 8 and the above versions will install the appropriate software automatically.
- The same thing applies to your Mac computer also. The recent version of Mac OS on your computer will download the necessary driver files. In case you download the driver manually, go to the trusted online or manufacturer’s site to complete the process.
- The software file will be in the .exe format for Windows and Mac system; the driver firmware will be in the .dmg format. Double-click the driver file and wait until the installation is complete.
- Agree to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the Finish button. This will complete the installation process successfully.
- Open the control panel on your computer and check if the name of your printer is displayed. If your printer’s name is not shown, then add your printer to the list manually.
- To add your printer to the list, click on the Add Device or Printer option. Wait until your computer searches for a new device. Once your device is recognized, click on the Add Device option.
- Make your printer as the Default Printer and start performing the printer functions. Make sure to turn Off your printer after using it. This avoids the occurrence of malfunctions on your printer. Now the process of how to install HP Laserjet m1005 mfp printer is finished completely.