- Install HP Officejet Pro 8720
How To Install HP Officejet Pro 8720
To install the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer on your system, the first thing you have to do is, place it on a flat surface and unpack it. After unboxing the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer, you can begin the installation process. Install the driver software on your system (Windows or Mac) as per the installation instructions. The print driver software is available for download in the official page of the printer. It can also be installed from the CD provided with the printer package. Follow the instructions given below for how to install HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
Quick Steps To Install The HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer
- Make sure to unbox the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer completely.
- Check if you have removed the plastic packing cover from all the parts of the printer.
- Get the power cable provided with the printer.
- Use the power cable to connect the printer to the wall outlet.
- Switch on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer by pressing the power button.
- Load a stack of A4 sheet or U.S paper in the input tray.
- Unbox the ink cartridges carefully.
- Open the cartridge door and place the ink cartridges into it.
- Connect the printer and the computer using any one of the network types.
- Install the printer driver on your system.
Let’s See In Detail About How To Install HP Printer
- You can install the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer on your system (Windows or Mac) easily. Before you begin the process of how to install HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer, unbox your printer completely. Unboxing includes removing all the packing materials from the printer, and unpacking the ink cartridges and other components.
- After unboxing, perform the basic printer setup. To power on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer, you have to connect the one end of the power cable to the printer’s rear end and the other end to the electrical outlet. After enabling power supply to the printer, press the Power button on the printer operator panel to turn it ON.
- Wait for the printer to reach the idle state. Now, load paper into the input tray. To load paper into the input tray, get a stack of white or plain paper from the store. It is recommended to use A4 or U.S paper for printing. Close the input tray door.
- Open the cartridge door to install ink cartridges. Wait for the carriage to move into the access area. Now, unwrap the ink cartridges. Remove the protective tapes on the cartridges. Make sure not to touch the copper-colored part or nozzles on the cartridges.
- With the contacts facing the printer, place the ink cartridges into the respective slots carefully. Close the cartridge door. Now, connect your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer to the computer. You can use any one of the network types as given below for how to install HP Officejet Pro 8720 process.
- The three network type used to connect the printer and the computer are Wireless, Ethernet cable, and USB cable. After doing the connection setup, install the print driver of your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer on your system.
- There are separate printer drivers for Windows & Mac. Download the latest full feature print driver software from the manufacturer’s site and run it on your system. To install the print driver on your Windows or Mac device, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the downloaded printer driver file on your system. Make sure to click the OK or Continue button whenever required. Check-mark the box next to I accept to agree to the End User License Agreement in the Installation Agreement & Settings section.
- Choose the printer setup option and connection type when prompted. Check & make sure that you have done the setup as displayed on the installation screen. Wait for the network check-up process to complete. Choose your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer from the list of installed printers when prompted.
- Set the Fax setup if required. Follow the on-screen procedures to complete process of how to install HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. If the installation is done successfully, then click the Finish button in the installer screen. Finally, try a test print, scan, or fax operations.