- 123.hp.com »
- Open HP Printer Software
How to Open the HP Printer Software?
The printer software is mandatory to connect your printer and computer. If you have installed the software for your HP printer on your computer and are looking for the procedure for opening it, your search ends here. Continue reading this page and learn how to open the HP printer software on your Windows computer.
HP Printer Software – How to Open
In this section, we have explained the general procedure for opening the HP printer software. However, depending upon your Operating System, the procedure may vary.
- On your Windows computer, click Start> All apps.
- Scroll down to the letter “H” and click on the HP software.
- To use this software, ensure that your printer is turned on and connected to your computer via a network connection or a USB cable.
- In case you have not yet installed the software on your Windows computer, refer to the following section.
How to Download and Install the Software On your Computer?
- From your default browser, visit the official support page of HP.
- Enter your printer model in the search area and click the Submit button.
- When it shows you the search results, go ahead and click on the right printer.
- When you are directed to the product support page, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware option.
- Now, it will detect your OS and show you the compatible drivers.
- If you’d like to download the driver for a different OS, click on the Choose a different OS link and select your preference.
- Choose the most appropriate driver for your HP printer and click Download.
- Once the software gets downloaded to your computer, locate it and run the setup file.
- Just continue with the on-screen prompts until you get to the license agreement screen.
- On the screen, read and accept the terms and conditions.
- When prompted to select the connection type, choose the option you prefer. Connect your HP printer and computer according to the method of connection you’ve selected.
- If you connect them over a network, ensure they are connected to the same network.
- In case you select the USB Connection option, connect the USB cable when you are instructed to do so.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and complete the installation.
- When you are done with the HP printer driver installation, follow the steps in the previous section, “How to open the HP printer software.” Then, you can begin using the software for your printing.
This is how you should open the HP printer software on your computer. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts just by utilizing the call option on this page.