How to Print
How To Print In HP Deskjet 2131
If you are looking for instructions on how to print in HP Deskjet 2131, read the steps mentioned here to understand the process. Print the documents from your Mac or Windows computer and HP printer by changing the settings as per your preference. The process involved in printing from Windows and Mac is different because these are two different operating systems.
How to print document in HP Deskjet 2131
- Follow the steps to know how to print in HP Deskjet 2131 printer.
- Edit the document by changing text font, size, etc., before printing.
- Open the app where you created your document, tap File and then Print.
- Make advanced changes like orientation, paper type, etc., from the Preferences or Printer Properties option in Windows.
- Click Print to print after making all the changes.
- Open advanced settings on your Mac from the option Show Details when the print dialog box opens.
- Choose your printer from the Printer menu. Select Default settings or color in Mac from the Presets menu.
- Open the unnamed print options menu and access other settings like print in color or black, duplexing, etc.
- Tap Print.
- Your document is printed now.
Detailed steps for HP Deskjet 2131 how to print
- Read the steps here if you want a guide on how to print in HP Deskjet 2131 printer. Follow the steps as per your computer’s operating system.
- Perform changes on your document before you start printing. Edit in the sections like text font and size, layout options, and other view settings.
- Open the application where you made your document, press File, and then select Print.
- In Windows, click the Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences option to open advanced print settings. When the window opens, change the settings like the paper tray or source, paper size, duplexing, etc.
- Change parameters like Quality, Normal, Best, DPI, grayscale, etc., to obtain the best printing results.
- Tap OK and then select Print.
- In Mac, click Show Details on the print dialog box. Choose your printer from the Printer option. In the Presets option, choose your desired option among Default Settings or Color.
- Tap the unnamed print options menu at the middle of the window to view additional print settings. Perform other print job settings alterations.
- Check parameters like Print quality, paper size, paper type, duplexing, etc., and save them.
- Press Print to get a printout of your document.
HP Deskjet 2131 Wireless Printing
The wireless printing feature in this printer is not available. The connectivity option in the HP Deskjet 2131 printer is only using a USB cable. If you want to establish a connection using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, then it is not possible. It is very easy to connect your printer and computer using a USB cable and start printing. The steps involved in this are easy to follow.
HP Deskjet 2131 printing using OTG cable
- Print from HP Deskjet 2131 using a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable connected to your printer.
- Printing using a USB OTG cable from an Apple or Windows 10 device is not supported.
- Meet the following requirements of your printer and Android device before printing using the USB OTG cable.
- The Android device should be of 4.0 (KitKat) OS version, and the HP Printer Service Plugin should be installed on the device.
- The USB OTG cable has a USB port on one end and a micro-USB connector on the other.
- Power on your printer if it is switched off. Attach one end of a USB cable to the USB port which is on the rear of the printer. Connect the other end of the USB plug to the OTG cable.
- Plug in the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB slot on your device. A window displaying HP Print Service Plugin will appear on the Android device.
- Select OK to activate the HP Print Service Plugin. Your Android phone is now ready to print using the USB OTG cable.
- Open the document you want to print on your Android device, touch the menu icon, and then choose Print. A print preview screen appears.
- Touch the down arrow to see the printer list, and then choose USB: HP Deskjet 2131 from the list of available printers. Change any print settings if you want and then tap Print for how to print in HP Deskjet 2131 printer.
HP Deskjet 2131 not printing
There can be multiple reasons behind the HP Deskjet 2131 not printing. The causes behind this can vary from connectivity issues to defective configurations or drivers. If the printer’s power plug is worn-out or broken, or the drivers and software have gone obsolete, then it will result in this situation. To fix this error, make sure that the hardware and software setup is done correctly
- Check the hardware connections and software connections of your printer if it is not printing. Get rid of the reasons that are causing this problem.
- Resolve this error by performing basic troubleshooting on your printer.
- Inspect the status of the connection between your computer and printer. They should be properly connected along with using proper network cables.
- Remove the faulty drivers from your device because many times defective drivers can be a cause of this. Update or reinstall printer driver to fix this issue.
- Ensure that your printer is set as the default printer. Your computer automatically sets your printer as the default one, unless done otherwise.
- Cancel all the print jobs. The printer might not print if the print queue is stuck.
- Perform the action of canceling the print jobs by opening Devices and Printers on your computer’s control panel. Right-click on your HP printer and tap See what’s printing.
- Tap to open the Printer menu and choose Open as Administrator. Select the Printer menu again and now select Cancel All Documents.
- Confirm your action. Now, all the print jobs are canceled on your printer.
- Check your hardware connections and make sure everything is proper. If nothing helps, service your printer.
HP Deskjet 2131 how many print
The input tray capacity of this HP Deskjet printer is 60 sheets and the output tray capacity is 25 sheets. The duty cycle is 1000 pages per month. However, the suggested monthly page volume is 50-60 sheets. Sometimes, it can be 50-100 prints per month. The number of prints depends on the printer cartridge, page coverage, quality, how to print in HP Deskjet 2131, and quantity of pages you are printing.