How to refill HP Deskjet 2131 cartridge with simple instructions
Follow the steps here to know how to refill HP Deskjet 2131 cartridge easily. This activity is not recommended by HP but, refilling the ink cartridge is a cost-effective way to get more prints. Gather the items like a syringe with a needle, required refill ink, gloves, and a cloth to clean the extra ink.
How to Refill HP Deskjet 2131 Printer Ink Cartridge
- Do not refill ink in the cartridge of the printer because it is not suggested.
- HP does not take the guarantee of the print quality after using refilled cartridges
- Collect these items to refill ink in the ink cartridge of your printer easily.
- Get a syringe with a clean needle, refill ink of the required color, hand gloves, and a clean cloth to wipe off the spilled ink.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the printer. Open the cartridge access door and halt until the cartridge stops moving.
- Unfasten the cartridge and remove it. Locate the two ink cartridge, i.e., black and tri-color.
- Do not expose them to the sunlight. Wear your gloves and work on how to refill hp deskjet 2131 cartridge syringe with genuine HP ink.
- Remove the labels from the cartridge. Notice the holes where the needle is to be inserted.
- Inject the ink carefully in the required hole. Notice the color on the hole before filling the ink. Make sure air does not enter in the hole.
- Stick the labels to their position again. Wipe off any extra ink spillage using the cloth.
Removing cartridge from HP Deskjet 2131
Refer to the steps mentioned here to remove cartridge from HP Deskjet 2131. Power on the printer, lower the output tray, and open the cartridge access door. Press the ink cartridge slightly and pull it out of the slot. Redo the same steps to remove the other ink cartridge as well. Close the ink cartridge access door after this.
How to remove cartridge from HP Deskjet 2131
- Remove the ink cartridge from the printer without any issues.
- Power on your printer.
- Move the output tray in a downward position and reach inside the printer.
- Hold the handle and open the cartridge access door by lowering it.
- The carriage will then move to the center position of the printer,
- Do not proceed until the printer is idle and silent.
- Gently push down on the ink cartridge in order to release it.
- Pull the ink cartridge out of its place.
- Repeat the same steps to remove the ink cartridge if needed.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
HP Deskjet 2131 black cartridge not working
If on your HP Deskjet 2131 black cartridge not working, then you will receive your printed documents in a poor quality. The printouts will be faded or streaked, the texts will be fuzzy or blurred, ink smears or stains on the printouts, and a few other print quality problems. These problems can be fixed easily by using genuine ink cartridges, checking ink levels, how to refill hp deskjet 2131 cartridge, and making sure sufficient ink is available in the cartridge, etc.
HP Deskjet 2131 black cartridge not working solve problem
- Do the given steps if the black cartridge is not working. The print quality will not be good if the black cartridge is not working.
- Solve this issue by using genuine HP ink cartridges. Remove the issues caused by the black ink cartridge like poor black texts, by opting for the printer’s automatic servicing routine.
- Evaluate the impact on the printouts when the black cartridge is not working by taking a print out of the Print Quality Diagnostic Report.
- Load unused, A4 paper in the input tray. Press the Setup icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Open Tools and then Print Quality Report. A report will get printed.
- Check the report to understand the issue clearly and troubleshoot it.
- Notice if the large font text is ragged on one end. If it is, it is a cartridge or a printhead problem.
- See if the alignment patterns are jagged. If so, then it can be an alignment issue.
- Continue to the other troubleshooting steps if there are one or more defects.
- Understand that if no defects are in the report, then the ink supplies and printhead are working fine. Opt for reseating of the cartridge, using an automated tool to clean the printhead, etc., to solve the issue.
HP Deskjet 2131 pages per cartridge
Each model of the printer has a fixed capacity of printing pages per cartridge. This information along with a few other data is provided on the manufacturer’s site. The duty cycle of this Deskjet printer is 1000 pages per month. It means it can give 50-60 pages a month. You also need to check the print settings selected for the print job as the number of prints matter in this. It can give the output in black and color. If you are keen to know the print method involved, it is Drop-on-Demand thermal inkjet printing, once the cartridge finished then work for how to refill hp deskjet 2131 cartridge.