- 123.hp.com »
- Remove HP Printer Drivers From Registry
HOW TO REMOVE HP PRINTER DRIVERS FROM REGISTRY
Are you looking for a clear-cut solution to remove HP printer drivers from the Registry? Actually, the drivers are user-friendly while accessing the printing/scanning functions. However, to keep the HP drivers functional, you have to update them regularly. If you have removed the outdated drivers from your computer but still getting issues, you must check the Registry for leftovers. This article will explain how to remove the HP printer drivers from the Registry Editor on your Windows computer. Continue reading the instructions to get it done without taking much time.
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box. You can do it using the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘regedit’ in the command box that appears.
- Next, click OK or hit the Enter key to open the Registry Editor window.
- Go to the following file path:
- Under your Windows version, locate your printer name and give a right-click on it.
Solved: HP Printer Drivers From Registry Issues
- Pick the Delete option and confirm your action by clicking Yes.
- Get back to the Print key and expand Printers.
- Give a right-click on the printer from the left-side panel and select Delete.
- If prompted, hit the Enter key.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your PC.
Now, check if you have removed the HP printer drivers from Registry.
If you find the leftovers on your computer, try these troubleshooting steps.
- To begin with, open the Run command box.
- Input ‘services.msc’ in the text field and hit the Enter key to open the Services window.
- Locate and select the Print Spooler service from the available list.
- Right-click the service and select the Restart option.
- Alternatively, right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Stop option. After that, right-click the service again and select the Start option.
This should fix the trouble you are having with the HP printer drivers on your computer.
We hope this page brings you out of trouble. If you need help from our side to remove the HP printer drivers from the Registry, get connected with our experts.