- 123.hp.com »
- Remove Ink From Hp Printer
How to Remove Ink from HP Printer?
It is essential to use genuine cartridges for your HP printer. When the ink cartridge is not compatible, low, or empty, you might need to remove it from your printer. But, once you have removed the empty ink cartridge from your printer, you need to reinstall a new one. After that, you can start printing with the newly installed ink cartridge from your printer. To do so, you can perform the below instructions.
Removing And Replacing The Ink Cartridges
If your HP printer supports ink cartridges, make sure to check the estimated ink levels before removing them from your machine. To do so, execute the steps given in the next section.
Checking The Estimated Ink Levels
- First, go to your printer’s control panel and tap the Ink icon from the home screen.
- Now, the estimated ink levels of all the cartridges will display on the printer’s screen.
- If no ink cartridges are low on ink, you need not replace any of them.
- If any cartridge’s ink level is low, you must replace it.
- Follow the below instructions to replace the cartridge.
Replacing The Ink Cartridge
- Make sure to turn on your HP printer.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Remove the empty ink cartridge from the respective slot.
- Next, you should unwrap the new ink cartridge from its package. Also, discard the protective tapes from the cartridge.
- Now, insert the new ink cartridge into the respective slot on your printer. Ensure that the cartridge is installed securely in its place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- The next step is to perform the printhead alignment.
- Load sufficient number of sheets into the paper tray.
- Now, go to your HP printer’s control panel.
- Select the Setup option from the home screen.
- Tap on the Printer Maintenance option and choose Align Printhead.
- Now, just execute the remaining on-screen instructions to finish the alignment process.
Removing And Replacing Toner
In case your HP printer supports toner, you need to print the toner supplies status on your machine to check the levels. To do so, carry out the steps given below carefully.
Check The Toner Supplies Status (hp Laserjet Printers)
- First, access the printer’s control panel.
- Choose the Setup option from the home screen.
- Tap on the Reports option from the list.
- Select Supplies Status on the printer screen.
- The printer will start to print the supplies status report.
- Now, check the report to see if any toner level is low.
- If no toner levels are low, you need not replace them.
- If any toner levels are low, follow the below instructions to replace them.
Replacing The Toner Cartridge
- Open the toner cartridge door of the HP printer.
- Slowly remove the toner cartridge from the respective slot.
- Now, uncover the new toner cartridge from the package.
- Bend the tab on the left side of the cartridge to remove it.
- Next, pull out the tab until all the tapes are removed from the cartridge.
- Insert the new toner cartridge into the respective slot.
- You need to ensure that the toner cartridge is installed firmly in its place.
- Close the toner cartridge door of your printer.
With all the above instructions, you can remove and replace the ink or toner cartridges on your HP printer.
Suppose you’re interested in knowing more about the same, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.