How To Remove Paper Jam From HP Laserjet 1020
To remove the paper jam on your HP Laserjet 1020 printer, follow these simple steps and know how to remove paper jam from HP Laserjet 1020. First, turn off your printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Open the paper output tray. Remove the paper from the front tray if any paper is available. Check the cartridge area if there is any jam. If so, move the cartridge holder and remove the paper. When you move the ink cartridge, hold the ink cartridge holder slide it to the right. Hold the jammed paper with your hands. If the paper is rolled up, ensure to pull it out safely. Pull the paper out from the printer slowly, not to tear it.
Simple Steps On How To Remove A Paper Jam From HP Laserjet 1020
- Turn off your HP Laserjet 1020 printer.
- Disconnect your HP Laserjet 1020 power cable from the wall outlet.
- Fill sufficient paper in the input tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the printer cartridge.
- Remove the jammed paper with both hands. Slowly pull the paper from the printer.
- Check for any piece of paper available. If so, remove them.
- Ensure that there is no paper inside the input and output trays. Remove the paper with both hands.
- Reinstall the printer cartridge into its slot and close the print cartridge door.
- Reconnect the power cord and power on your HP Laserjet 1020.
Easy Guide For How To Remove Paper Jam From HP Laserjet 1020 Printer
- Use the power button your printer to turn off the printer.
- Open the print cartridge access door.
- Wait for the ink cartridge to rest in its original position. Remove the ink cartridge from its slot. Clear jammed paper from your HP Laserjet 1020. Paper jams may occur in many areas.
- Check the input tray for any paper jam. See the printer output tray if any jammed paper remains. If any paper is jammed, then remove the piece of paper from the tray. If the paper is rolled up, then gently pull it out.
- Make sure the paper doesn’t tear. If any paper is torn while pulling, remove it will remain inside the machine. Check the cartridge area for any paper inside. Remove the paper from the cartridge area. Usually, the paper jam error persists if there is no paper jam. Now move to the next step of how to remove paper jam from HP Laserjet 1020 printer.
- Turn off your HP Printer, wait for a few minutes and then press the power button on your printer’s control panel. The light on your printer power flashes. This means that your printer is in the ready state. Try to print a test page. If the error is not solved, check for the paper jam in any other area of your HP Printer. Again load paper into the input tray. Move the paper until it gets placed correctly.
- Check the printer setting on your HP Printer. Go to the file menu and click Print. In the Print dialog box, click Properties.Click Properties in Settings. Change the paper and quality settings. Test print a page to check if it is printing. If the issue is not solved, clean the toner cartridge and follow these steps to clear the cartridge area.
- Turn off your printer and remove the power cord from the printer. Wait for the printer to get back to steady state. Open the cartridge door and remove the toner.
- Clean the toner cartridge with a clean cloth and reinstall the toner. Close the toner cartridge door properly.
- Connect the power cable to the wall outlet. Test print a page and check if the printer is printing. If none of the above steps helps to recover your problem, then start connect with us and find more related information for how to remove paper jam from HP Laserjet 1020 printer.