How to Scan
How To Scan On HP Envy 4520 – To Computer, Email, Laptop & Smartphone
Envy 4520 from HP is a multifunctional printer designed for home/office printing, scanning, copying, and faxing needs. This printer has a built-in scanner that enables you to scan an original, save/send it to a computer, and email it as a PDF or JPEG file. You can use the printer’s control panel, scanner software, or app to initiate the scan job. However, before starting the scan job, ensure that the HP Envy 4520 printer is set up and ready for the same. Have you not set up the printer yet? It’s okay if not. You can set up the printer now. Click Here to learn more about the same. In this article, we have outlined a detailed step on how to scan from HP Envy 4520 printer. Read on to learn more.
Table Of Contents
- How To Scan From HP Envy 4520 – Basic Steps
- HP Envy 4520 Scan To Computer
- Scan To Email Using HP Envy 4520
- HP Envy 4520 Scan Multiple Pages
- Scan From HP Envy 4520 To Your Smartphone
- Scan From HP Envy 4520 To Laptop- How To Do
- HP Envy 4520 Scanner Not Working- Five Fixes To Try
How To Scan From HP Envy 4520 – Basic Steps
- Download the full feature driver package from our website and install it on your computer if you have not installed the printer software yet.
- Ensure to select and install the HP Scan software when performing the software installation.
- Position and align the document or photo to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Scan option on the printer’s home screen to begin the scan job.
- Choose the scan type that you wish to perform and tap OK.
- The printer will now scan the placed original and save it as a selected type and to the selected location.
HP Envy 4520 Scan To Computer
Do you want to scan and save an original to a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, connect the devices (printer and computer) to the same network and install the recommended scanner software on your computer. After that, enable the Scan to Computer feature on your printer if necessary. Finally, scan and save the original to your computer.
Continue reading to learn more.
Enabling Scan To Computer
The Scan to Computer feature is enabled by default on your printer. However, if you have disabled the feature, follow the instructions below to enable it.
- Open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Click Print, Scan & Fax, and go to the Scan section.
- Here, clickthe Manage Scan to Computer option followed by Enable on the Scan to Computer dialog box.
- Open HP Utility installed on your Mac computer.
- You can find the Scan to Computer option below the Scan Settings section. Click on it.
- Now, enable the Scan to Computer feature by clicking the checkbox beside the Enable Scan to Computer option, as shown in the image below.
Scan To Computer
- Ensure that the original to be scanned is placed on the scanner glass.
- Tap Scan > Computer on the printer screen.
- Choose the Windows or Mac computer (that is connected to the printer) if you have used the USB connection method.
- Configure the scan settings and tap OK.
- The HP Envy 4520 printer will now scan and save the placed original to your computer.
Scan To Email Using HP Envy 4520
The Scan to email feature sends the scanned document or image as an attachment directly to the email account that you use for scanning. Let us see how to scan from HP Envy 4520 and email using this feature.
- Ensure that you have created an email account in a local email client or web-based email account such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc., and have configured the account with an email client on your computer.
- Tap Scan on the printer screen.
- Select Computer and your computer name (if prompted).
- Choose the Email as PDF option.
- Alternatively, you can also use the HP printer software and the HP Smart app installed on your Windows or Mac computer to scan and send the document to an email.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the printer software. Click Scan a Document or Photo > Email as PDF or Email as JPEG. Configure the scan settings and click Scan.
- Once the printer scans the placed original, a new email message with the scanned attachment will open. Type the recipient’s address in the To field.
- Finally, click Send to share the scanned document via email.
HP Envy 4520 Scan Multiple Pages
As mentioned earlier, HP Envy 4520 comes with a built-in scanner. However, it doesn’t have an ADF. So, you can use only the scanner glass to scan a single page or multiple pages of the document. If you want to scan and save multiple pages of the document as a single PDF, then scan all pages one by one and save them.
Continue reading to learn more about the same.
HP Envy 4520 How To Scan Multiple Pages – Mac – HP Easy Scan
- Load the first page of the document on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Open the HP Easy Scan software on your Mac computer.
- Ensure that your printer model is correctly selected.
- Choose the Scan type from the Presets drop-down menu. Select Edit Settings from the same drop-down menu if you want to change the default scan settings.
- Finally, click Scan. The printer will start scanning the placed original as soon as you click Scan.
- The dialog box titled “Scan Completed.” will open once the printer scans the placed original.
- Remove the existing page and place a new one on the scanner glass. Click the Scan Next Item button on the Scan Completed screen to continue scanning.
- Similarly, scan all the pages of the document.
- After that, click Done > Share > Folder to save the scanned document to your computer.
- Choose the Format type, where you want to save the file, etc., on the opened screen. Finally, click Save.
Scan From HP Envy 4520 To Your Smartphone
Do you want to scan and save a document or image on your Android or iOS device? If your answer is yes, use the HP Smart app for the same. Continue reading to learn how to scan and save a document to a phone.
- Install the HP Smart app from the App Store and Google Play Store on your device.
- Set up the HP Envy 4520 printer on your smartphone by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, position the scannable item on the scanner glass.
- Tap a Scan tile of your choice on the app’s main screen.
- Tap Settings. Set the input source and set the scan settings, such as color, black & white, scan resolution. etc.
- Finally, tap Scan.
- After printer scans the placed original, tap Add Pages if you want to continue scanning.
This is how-to scan from HP Envy 4520 to a smartphone.
Scan From HP Envy 4520 To Laptop- How To Do
Scanning and saving an original from/to a computer and laptop are almost the same. You can scan an original using the HP printer software, the HP Smart app, or scan from your printer and save it to the laptop.
- Install the required scan software on your laptop.
- Load a document or photo of your choice to scan on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Open the printer software or app that you wish to use for scanning on the laptop.
- Click Scan or Scan a Document or Photo to initiate the scan job if you are using the HP printer software (Windows).
- Set the scan resolution, scan type, and other scan settings.
- Finally, click Scan to scan and save the original to your laptop.
HP Envy 4520 Scanner Not Working- Five Fixes To Try
Is the HP Envy 4520 scanner not working? Are you receiving an error message or code when trying to scan an original with the HP Envy 4520 scanner? If yes, you are not one who encounters this issue. Like you, other HP Envy 4520 printer users have also encountered and resolved this problem. Try the simple workarounds given below to resolve this scan problem in no time.
- Restart your HP Envy 4520 printer. After that, check if the scanner is working by scanning a test document. If the scanner is not working again, try the next solution below.
- Check and connect the devices to the same network if they are connected to different networks.
- Run the diagnostic & fix tool (Windows only) from HP “HP Print and Scan Doctor.” Click the Fix Scanning button on the Finding and Fixing Problems screen to resolve the scan issue.
- Reinstall the printer and scanner drivers on your computer because using an outdated or incompatible driver may also lead to these kinds of scan issues.
- Reset the printer if none of the above solutions do resolve the scan issue.
As you can see, scanning and saving an original from the HP Envy 4520 printer to your computer, phone, or email is not that hard to perform. You can easily perform the scan operation if you have correctly set up the printer on your computer or smartphone and configured the scan settings.
We hope that this article was useful! Feel free to reach us anytime or now if you want real-time assistance in performing the same or to clear the queries related to the information provided on this page.