How to Scan from HP Envy 4520 Printer to Computer, Email, Phone and Laptop
Useful guidelines for how to scan from HP Envy 4520 printer available and helpful for scan to computer, scan to email, scan to pdf, scan to phone, scan to laptop, scan multiple pages and fixing scanner not working problem.
How to scan from HP Envy 4520
- Download the full feature driver package from our website and check the HP Scan software in the customization available.
- With the prompts shown on the screen, install the HP Scan software to perform the scan function.
- Position and align the document or photo on the scanner glass. If the printer supports ADF, use it only for scanning documents and not pictures.
- From your printer’s control panel, either press the Scan button or the Scan menu if it is a touchscreen panel and choose your computer name along with the scan job type.
- Let the printer to complete the scan and get back to your computer to check whether the folder that contains the scanned document or image is automatically displayed.
- To check if the scanned item is complete, click the folder and view the scanned item.
HP Envy 4520 scan to computer
You can perform the scan to computer option, follow the steps provided in the how to scan from HP Envy 4520 to computer using the HP Printer Assistant. hp envy 4520 how to scan to computer
- On your Windows search bar, type HP Envy 4520. ‘
- If your printer is connected already to the network of your computer, then the search results automatically display the printer name.
- By clicking on the printer model, the HP Printer Assistant will open.
- Check whether you have placed the document or image on the scanner glass properly.
- Locate the Scan option on the Home screen of HP Printer Assistant and under the same, choose Scan to Computer.
- If you find that Scan to Computer is enabled already, disable and enable it again.
- Now, retry scanning and check if it succeeds.
HP Envy 4520 scan to email
The Scan to email feature sends the scanned document or image as an attachment directly to the email account that you use for scanning. Let us see how to scan from HP Envy 4520 and email using this feature.
- Make sure that you have created an email account in your local email client or web-based email accounts such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, and more.
- Access the printer’s control panel, find the Scan menu, tap it, select your computer name, and then choose the Email as PDF option.
- Also, observe if your printer has the Apps menu under which you should have the Scan to Email app. If you notice such an option, then send emails directly from the printer’s email address.
HP Envy 4520 scan multiple pages
The HP Envy 4520 printer should have an ADF (Auto Document Feeder) to make the scan to multiple pages option easy, else can use the scanner glass as default, which finally converts all pages into a single PDF file. Go through the simple steps below and do it within a jiffy how to scan from HP Envy 4520 guide.
HP Envy 4520 how to scan multiple pages
- Place the document or picture on the scanner platen.
- The recommended copy resolution setting is 300 DPI or lower.
- Select your printer by searching Windows for HP.
- When the HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan and then the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Now, the HP Scan begins and choose Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut.
- If you have scanned using the ADF, then by clicking the Save option clubs all the scanned pages into a single file.
- If it is from the scanner glass, then place the next document or photo on it and click the Plus button to scan the rest of the items.
- After all the pages are scanned, click Save.
HP Envy 4520 scan to phone
- From the Google Play Store app on your smartphone or tablet, install the HP Smart app.
- Launch the app and add the HP Envy 4520 printer using the Add a Printer option.
- Now, position the scannable item on the scanner glass or ADF (except photos).
- From the list of scan tiles that appear on the phone screen, tap a Scan tile of your choice.
- Press the Settings icon to choose the input source, color or black & white, and resolution.
- Touch Scan and then the Add Pages icon (only when you have multiple pages to scan).
- The how to scan from HP Envy 4520 completes by now.
How to scan from HP Envy 4520 to laptop
- Scanning from a laptop or computer is almost the same. You can scan using the HP Scan software or scan from your printer and save it to the laptop.
- Install the required scan software on your laptop.
- Load the printer’s scanner glass with a document or photo of your choice to scan.
- In Windows search box, type HP and wait until your printer name is displayed in the search results.
- Now, click on your printer name and the HP Printer Assistant tool opens immediately.
- Locate the Manage Scan to Computer option under the Scan menu on the Printer Assistant screen and click on it.
- Enable the Scan to Computer option and the Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows tab.
- By following the how to scan from HP Envy 4520 to laptop steps above, you can scan from your printer to laptop.
HP Envy 4520 scanner not working
- Firstly, restart your HP Envy 4520 printer and try to scan.
- Check if the network is enabled; if not, re-establish the network by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and click on Fix Scanning issues from the options provided.
- Disable the power connection of the printer by removing the power cable from both the printer and wall outlet while the printer is turned on.
- This process is called resetting the printer which should help you overcome the scanning problem and work on how to scan from HP Envy 4520.