How to Scan
How to scan HP Envy 5530 to Computer, Email and Fix Scan Errors
Understand the process of how to scan HP Envy 5530 by going through the information mentioned here. Go to the manufacturer’s website and install the software for your operating system.
HP Envy 5530 scan to computer
- Read the steps on the process of how to scan HP Envy 5530 to computer and follow them.
- Check which type of operating system you have (Windows or Mac).
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and move to the Software and Driver Downloads section.
- In the search field, enter the model of your printer and click Download.
- Find the Download button next to the full feature driver under the Driver-Product Installation Software.
- Go with the steps to connect the printer and pick the option that has HP Scan. This tool is for Windows only.
- Keep the item you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Type HP on your Windows computer and choose your printer.
- When the HP Printer Assistant window opens, click Scan>Scan a Document or Photo.
- Wait for the HP Scan window opens. Choose a scan shortcut, change the scan job settings, and click Scan.
How to scan from HP Envy 5530 to computer
- Know how to scan HP Envy 5530 to computer by complying with these steps.
- Open the manufacturer’s website and download the HP Easy Scan app to scan to your Mac computer.
- Keep the document or photo printed-side facing the scanner glass and shut the scanner cover.
- If your printer has the ADF, use it to scan multiple pages. Do not load photos in the document feeder.
- Type scan on your Mac computer and tap HP Easy Scan on the results.
- Wait while the HP Easy Scan app opens. Choose your printer from the Scanner menu.
- Choose a scan job type from the Presets list. Now, tap Scan.
- Open the thumbnail of the scanned document in the left panel and click Edit.
- Alter the settings like colors, size, etc. Select Send and then click Folder.
- Enter your file name and location of the file in the Prefix and Where fields respectively. Click Save.
HP Envy 5530 scan multiple pages
There are instructions available for how to scan HP Envy 5530 multiple pages which are simple to follow. Go through the steps given below and carry out this activity.
How to scan multiple pages on HP Envy 5530
- Know how to scan HP Envy 5530 multiple pages on HP Envy 5530 using the scanner glass/platen or the ADF.
- Type HP on your Windows and pick your printer from the list.
- Wait while HP Printer Assistant opens.
- Click Scan->Scan a Document or Photo.
- Wait for the HP Scan app to open.
- Press the Save as PDF or Document to File option.
- If you used the document feeder to scan multiple pages, tap Save. All the scanned pages will save into a single file.
- Load the next page or photograph on the scanner platen if you are using that method to scan.
- Click the plus option in the HP Scan preview screen to scan the next item.
- Redo these steps until all the photos or pages are scanned. Tap Save. Choose PDF in the Save as type option if you want to save it as a PDF file.
HP Envy 5530 not scanning
The HP Envy 5530 not scanning issue occurs when there are numerous error states in the printer or the scanner is jammed. Do as per the troubleshooting steps mentioned to resolve the issue.
HP Envy 5530 wont scan alignment page
- If you are encountering an error like HP Envy 5530 won t scan alignment page, resolve the issue by following these steps.
- The reason can be that the printhead is dirty.
- Power your printer off by tapping the Power button.
- Unplug the electrical cord from the rear of your printer.
- Do not proceed for 30 seconds.
- Connect the electrical cord again to the printer and turn it on.
- Tap the Right Arrow and choose SETUP.
- Click Tools. Tap Clean Printhead.
- Touch the Align Printer option.
- Check if the issue is resolved. If it isn’t, clean the printhead twice.
HP Envy 5530 scan to computer not working
- If you are facing the error on how to scan HP Envy 5530 to computer not working, comply with the instructions here to fix it.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor app on your Windows computer to resolve this issue.
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool downloaded and installed on your Windows system.
- Tap Start on the welcome screen and choose your printer name.
- Press Next to proceed to the Finding and Fixing Problems screen.
- Tap Fix Scanning. Go with the onscreen prompts to fix the issue.
- Get a test copy to confirm that the issue is resolved.
- If it isn’t, check the scanner to check if it is jammed.
- Take out the original documents or pictures from the scanner glass.
- Raise the scanner lid and tap Copy. If it is jammed, service your printer.
HP Envy 5530 scan to email not working
- Solve the how to scan HP Envy 5530 to email not working error by doing a hard reset on your printer.
- Connect your printer directly to the wall socket and not to any surge protector.
- Disconnect the electrical cord from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the electrical plug from the outlet on the wall too.
- Check if you have connected the USB cable. If connected, remove it.
- Do not proceed for the next 2-3 minutes.
- Tap and hold the Power button on your printer for around 30 seconds to clear the extra charge.
- Connect the electrical cable directly to a socket on the wall and not to any surge protector or extension cord.
- Attach the electrical cable into the printer also.
- Turn on your printer. Proceed when the warm-up period is over and the printer is idle, then start work on how to scan HP Envy 5530 printer.