How To Scan On A HP Officejet 3830
Scanning is one of the additional features of the HP Officejet 3830 printer. You need to install the basic or full feature driver to access this functionality. If you wish to get a soft copy of your document, scanning is the best method. It converts your text into a soft copy in no time. You can save the scanned document as PDF or image, Both Windows and Mac support the software for this feature. A brief description of how to scan on a HP Officejet 3830 is mentioned below.
Initial Steps Performed To Scan A Document Or Photo
- Switch on your printer and system.
- Raise the scanner lid on the top of the printer.
- Keep the document or photo with the printed side down on the scanner glass.
- Use the Automatic Document Feeder tray to scan multiple page documents.
- Locate the Scan button on the printer’s control panel and press it.
- Choose the system name from the list of devices.
- Complete the process of how to scan on a HP Officejet 3830 by clicking the Finish option.
- Wait until the printer finishes scanning the document. The scanned data stores automatically in the specified destination folder.
- Click the scanned file to view the scanned image. Elaborate methods to scan a document or photo are mentioned below.
What Are The Other Methods To Scan From The HP Officejet 3830 Printer?
Scan Using HP Scan And Capture App
- Use the Windows compatible HP Scan and Capture app to scan from the printer. Initially, check if the printer is in the active state. Load originals on the scanner glass. Navigate to the HP Scan and Capture app available in the Microsoft Store of the system.
- Once the app installs, click the Launch option. Find the Menu icon on the right side of the window. Click the Settings option. Choose the Select Device option from the Settings menu and select the printer name from the list.
- Choose either the Document Scan or Photo Scan options to change the scan settings. Select the Settings menu and then click Capture Documents or Capture Photos. Tap the Save icon when the process of how to scan on a HP Officejet 3830 completes.
Scan With The HP Scan Software
- Locate the Finder option and click on it. Click the Go option in the top menu bar. Choose the Applications option. Double-click the HP folder and locate the HP Scan option in the list of available software.
- To start the scanning process, keep the document or photo with the printed side facing the scanner glass of the printer, and then seal the scanner lid. Select the Scan option in the HP Scan window. Choose the Officejet 3830 printer in the Scanner menu.
- Select Continue. Wait for the printer to start the scanning process. Click the Scan Next Item option to scan additional documents or photos. View the thumbnail version of the originals in the left panel of the preview screen.
- You need to edit the scan settings by adjusting the color, straightening the scan and cropping the size. Select the Send option to store scans to the folder. Click the Where option in the window and then select the Save option.
- Access the folder where the scanned document is stored. You can save the multiple page documents into a single PDF file with the help of the Automatic Document feeder tray. Send your attached documents to the provided email address.
Use The HP Smart App
- Download and install the HP Smart App on your mobile device. Ensure that the mobile device and printer are connected to the same network. Access the app and then include the printer name to the available list.
- Select the Plus sign to include the printer name. After placing the document, tap the Scan option. Choose the Settings option on the top of the menu bar. Click the Add Pages icon for scanning multiple pages. If the above mentioned solution is not solve your query of how to scan on a HP Officejet 3830, then connect with our tech experts now.