How to Scan
How To Scan On HP Envy 5540 Printer?
Envy 5540 from HP comes with a built-in scanner. You scan and save/send the original as a PDF or JPEG file to your computer and email directly from the printer’s control panel. This article shows how to scan using HP Envy 5540, save the original as a PDF file, send it to an email, and more. Go ahead and read this article to learn more about the same.
How to Scan with HP Envy 5540
- To scan with HP Envy 5540 printer, you need to connect the printer to the computer.
- To do so, set up the printer on your computer using the most compatible and latest software.
- Click here if you have not set up the HP Envy 5540 printer and looking for a simple and quick guide to perform it.
- Once the printer and your computer are ready, you can proceed with the procedure for scanning.
Loading The Original
- Hold the original document and load it on the scanner glass.
- The document should be completely aligned to the right side of the scanner.
- As you feed the document, you can see the scanning light turning on indicating the ready state of the scanner.
Scanning Using HP Envy 5540
- Open HP printer software on the Windows computer.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo under the Scan section.
- Choose the scan type you wish to perform on the “Select a shortcut…” screen.
- Set the scan resolution, file type, item type, destination, etc., as per your preferences and click Scan.
- The HP Envy 5540 printer will scan and save the original to the selected destination location.
- Open HP Scan from the Application window on your computer.
- Choose the scan profile from the Presets drop-down menu.
- Click the Scan button to begin the scan operation.
From The Printer’s Control Panel
- Tap the Scan icon on your HP Envy 5540 printer screen.
- Choose the destination where you wish to save or send the scanned document.
- Select the scan type and tap OK.
HP Envy 5540 Scanning Software Download And Install
If the printer and computer are not set up for scanning, you may face problems when performing the same. To set up the devices for scanning, first, connect them to the same network. Next, install the most compatible and latest scanner software on your computer or smartphone. Here, we have explained which driver or software you must install on your computer to perform the scan operation from your Windows or Mac computer with the HP Envy 5540 printer.
- The necessary scanner drivers are provided along with the printer’s full-feature software.
- There are several apps developed by HP for scanning based on the version of the software, and given below is the list of apps to scan on HP printers.
- The Microsoft Windows of all versions supports all the following apps; HP Smart app, HP Scan and Capture app, Windows Scan app, Microsoft Paint, and Windows Fax and Scan.
- You can also use the Webscan feature for scanning via a web browser from your computer to the printer.
- Mac OS users can use the HP Smart app, the HP Scan software, and Apple Image Capture for scanning.
- The HP Scan is included with the full-featured printer driver.
- Using this software, you can modify the scan settings and set the location and type to store the scanned documents.
- Click here to learn more about downloading and installing the HP Envy 5540 scanner software on your computer.
HP Envy 5540 Scan To PDF – Mac
Scanning and saving an original as a PDF file using the HP Envy 5540 printer is straightforward. Follow the instructions given below to learn more.
- Open the HP Easy Scan software on your computer.
- Load the first page of the original on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Ensure that the original is correctly placed and the scanner lid is closed.
- Choose your HP Envy 5540 printer from the Scanner drop-down menu of the software screen if it is not selected. Configure the scan settings and click Scan.
- Click Scan Next Item or Add on the Scan Completed screen to continue scanning. This screen will open once the printer scans the placed original.
- Place the next page you want to scan on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Redo all the steps until all the pages are scanned and proceed to the next.
- Click Send and choose Folder.
- Choose PDF from the Format drop-down menu and the location to save the scanned document from the Where drop-down menu.
- Select Save all items to a single file and click Save.
HP Envy 5540 Scan To Email – Windows
Here, we are going to see how you can scan an original from the HP Envy 5540 printer and send its copy to an email. Before you begin, ensure that the printer and your computer are ready for the same. This way, you can avoid issues when performing the scan-to-email operation.
- An automatic scan-to-mail setup is possible only with a local email client.
- If you are using web-based email, then you have to attach the scanned document manually.
- Configure your web-based account with the local email client to enable the auto scan to mail function.
- Launch the HP printer software and select your printer if it is not selected.
- Click Scan -> Scan a Document or Photo.
- Prefer options like Email as PDF, Document to Email, or Email as JPEG from the scan preview window.
- Click Scan. Once the placed original is scanned, the mail client opens with the scanned document attached. Email it to the recipient of your preferences.
HP Envy 5540 Scan Multiple Pages
The HP Envy 5540 printer comes with a flatbed scanner. There is no ADF available on this printer. So, if you want to scan multiple pages of the document and save them as a single PDF file, scan all the pages one by one using the printer’s scanner glass. After doing that, you can save them into one single file. Continue reading to learn more about the same.
How To Scan Multiple Pages With HP Envy 5540
- Place the first page of the document or picture to be scanned on the scanner platen.
- Open the HP printer software on Windows.
- Click Print, Scan, & Fax, and choose the Scan a Document or Photo option under the Scan section.
- Now, the Scan Shortcuts screen will open. Choose the Save as PDF option on the shortcuts screen.
- Set the scan settings. Choose the PDF option from the File Type drop-down menu and click Scan.
- A pop-up dialog box will open once the printer scans the placed original. Now, remove the existing item and load a new one on the scanner glass.
- Click the Plus button on the software screen to continue scanning.
- After all the pages are scanned, click Save.
HP Envy 5540 Not Scanning
The HP Envy 5540 printer won’t scan for many reasons. You can troubleshoot and resolve the scan issue via HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Download the app from the HP printer’s official page and install it on the computer. Locate the HPPSdr.exe file and run the same.
- Click Start once the app is launched, and then choose HP Envy 5540 printer from the list. Click Retry if you can’t find the printer on the list.
- Choose the Fix Scanning option. The application will diagnose the scanner issue and display the report on the screen.
- If an issue needs attention, the scan doctor displays the possible results.
- By following the directions given by the tool, you can make your Envy scan again.
We saw how to scan using the HP Envy 5540 printer, save/send the scanned original to a computer and email, and troubleshoot the scan issue in this article. If you are new to printers, getting real-time support from an experienced technical expert might help you easily perform the scan operation with the HP Envy 5540 printer and troubleshoot the scan issue. Click the toll-free button provided on this page to contact us now.