How to Scan with HP Envy 5540
- To scan with HP Envy 5540 printer, you need to connect the printer with the computer. While you set up the printer for the first time make sure to install a full-featured printer driver software as it includes HP Scan application in it. If you really need, download scan software like HP Scan and Capture, HP Easy Scan, etc. The scan software is available in the respective app store for how to scan on HP Envy 5540.
- Once the software is ready, you can proceed with the procedure for scanning. Hold the original document and load it into the scan path. The document should be completely aligned to the right side of the scanner. As you feed the document, you can see the scanning light turning on indicating the ready state of the scanner.
- Once you set the document for scanning, navigate the file location of the computer in which you have installed the printer driver software. If you are using Windows 10, then follow the menu command Start -> All apps -> HP and then click on the icon with your printer name.
- HP scan app allows you to modify the default scan settings, look for More option at the top right corner of the window. Review the settings and change them if you want. You can enable Show Viewer After Scan so that modifications on scanned images is possible via the preview screen.
- You can find an option called Scan on the window by clicking on you can prefer Scan a Document or Photo option. Click on the Scan button again after determining the type of scan. The how to scan on HP Envy 5540 documents can be stored in two types. Click either on Save as PDF or Save as JPEG.
- The HP Envy scan software is included in the full-featured driver. If you are installing the driver through the HP Smart app, then HP Scan app is also downloaded along with it.
- There are several apps developed by HP for scanning based on the version of the software and given below the list of apps to scan on HP printers.
- The Microsoft Windows of all versions supports all these following apps; HP Smart app, HP Scan and Capture app, Windows Scan app, Microsoft Paint, Windows Fax and Scan. The network printer can scan through Webscan Utility.
- The Mac OS connect with the how to scan on HP Envy 5540 printer can scan using HP Scan software and Apple Image Capture. The HP Scan is included with the full-featured printer driver.
- Using this software you can modify the scan settings and set the location and type to store the scanned documents.
- Follow the instructions given here to obtain a guide on HP Envy 5540 how to scan to pdf.
- Type scan on the search bar of your Mac computer and click the HP Easy Scan option in the list of results.
- Wait while the HP Easy Scan window opens.
- Do not load the next sheet if you are scanning using the ADF because it will automatically scan multiple pages.
- Load the next photograph or page on the scanner glass if you are using the scanner glass to scan.
- Tap Scan Next Item or Add.
- Redo all the steps until all the pages are scanned and proceed to the next how to scan on HP Envy 5540 step.
- Tap Send and then press Folder.
- Click PDF in the Format option and enter the location to save the scan in the Where menu.
- Mark the checkbox next to Save all items to a single file. Press Save.
- You can make how to scan on HP Envy 5540 to email using the control panel or HP Scan feature.
- Automatic scan to mail setup is possible only with a local email client.
- If you are using web-based email then, you have to attach the scanned document manually.
- Configure your web-based account with the local email client to enable auto scan to mail function.
- Launch the HP printer software and select your printer from the window of the HP Assistant.
- Click Scan -> Scan a Document or Photo and the HP Scan opens.
- Prefer options like Document to Email or Email as JPEG from the scan preview window.
- Click Scan and the mail client opens with the scanned document attached.
- Place the document or picture on the scanner platen.
- The recommended copy resolution setting is 300 DPI or lower.
- Select your printer by searching Windows for HP.
- When the HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan and then the Scan a Document or Photo option using how to scan on HP Envy 5540 guide.
- Now, the HP Scan begins and choose Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut.
- If you have scanned using the ADF, then by clicking the Save option clubs all the scanned pages into a single file.
- If it is from the scanner glass, then place the next document or photo on it and click the Plus button to scan the rest of the items.
- After all the pages are scanned, click Save.
- The HP Envy 5540 printer won’t scan for many reasons. You can troubleshoot and resolve the scan issue via HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Download the app online and install it on the computer. Locate the HPPSdr.exe file and run the same.
- Click Start once the app is launched and then choose HP Envy 5540 printer from the list. Click Retry if you can’t find the printer on the list.
- Choose Fix Scanning option. The application will diagnose the printer issue and display you the report.
- If an issue needs attention, the scan doctor displays you the possible results.
- By following the directions given by the tool, you can make your Envy to scan again using how to scan on HP Envy 5540 manual.
HP Envy 5540 Scanning Software Download and Install
HP Envy 5540 Scan to pdf
HP Envy 5540 Scan to email
HP Envy 5540 scan multiple pages
The HP Envy 5540 printer should have an ADF (Auto Document Feeder) to make the scan to multiple pages option easy, else can use the scanner glass as default, which finally converts all pages into a single PDF file. Go through the simple steps below and do it within a jiffy.