- 123.hp.com »
- Set Up Airprint HP Printer
How to Set Up Airprint HP Printer?
Do you want to set up and use your HP printer on a macOS or iOS device without installing its driver or app? If yes, use Apple’s AirPrint feature.This feature makes the printer setup and the print job easier. Connect your Apple AirPrint enabled HP printer and the compatible macOS or iOS device to the same network over wired or wireless network connections.Once the connection setup is done successfully, you can access the printer from your computer or smartphone as per your preferences. In this step-by-step guide, we will be taking you through the process of setting up the AirPrint-enabled HP printer on a Mac or iOS device.
Airprint HP Printer – Setup
- Initially, make sure that your HP printer’s hardware setup is completed.
- Next, connect your printer and the iOS or macOS device to the same network.
- You can use the Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct connection method for the same.
HP Printer Setup – Using Wi-fi
- Enable the Wi-Fi feature on your printer if it is disabled.
- Use the traditional (Wi-Fi Setup Wizard) or WPS method to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- After connecting your HP printer to the wireless network, connect the Mac or iOS device to the same network over a Wi-Fi or wired connection.
- If you’re using wired, make sure that the Ethernet cable from your Mac computer to the network device is connected securely.
HP Printer – Using Wi-fi Direct
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer.
- Note down the Wi-Fi Direct credentials of your printer if necessary.
- After doing that, enable the Wi-Fi option on your Mac computer or iOS device.
- Enable the Bluetooth option on your iOS device if prompted.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi Connection list or Wi-Fi screen on your device.
- Locate and tap on your HP printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name.
- Type the password when prompted.
We hope that you have successfully connected your Apple Airprint enabled HP printer and the iOS or macOS device to the same network by referring to the instructions above.
HP Printer – Print With Apple Airprint (ios)
Now, to check whether the AirPrint setup is done correctly, print a test page from your iOS device to the printer by following the instructions below.
- Open the document or photo you want to print on your iOS device (that is connected to your AirPrint HP printer).
- Tap Share > Print.
- Choose your HP printer if necessary.
- Configure the print settings as per your needs.
- Finally, tap Print.
This is how you can easily set up the AirPrint HP printer on your Mac computer or the iOS device.
Need real-time assistance in setting up your AirPrint-enabled HP printer? Contact us now. For this purpose, you can make use of the call option on this page.