How To Set Up Scanner On HP Officejet Pro 8710
To set up scan on HP Officejet Pro 8710, first, you do need to install the full feature driver that provides you the scan software depending on the operating system you use. You can obtain the driver that is compatible with your computer OS from the manufacturer’s website. The software that downloads along with the driver is HP Scan through which you can not only scan but also initiate a fax. You can scan using the ADF or the scanner glass if supported by your printer. Know how to set up scanner on HP Officejet Pro 8710 to Network folder from the instructions below.
First Time Scanner Setup With Your HP Officejet Pro 8710
- Download the latest full feature driver with HP Scan and install it on your computer.
- Lift the scanner lid and place the document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Type OJPRO8710 on Windows Search and click on the printer.
- Open HP Printer Assistant and select the Print, Scan & Fax option.
- Click Scan and then click on Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the scan shortcut depending on what you scan.
- Enable the Show Viewer after scan box.
- Click on the Scan tab at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the scanned item to enlarge and save it to the destination folder on your computer.
- Follow the same process for other files too.
How To Set Up Scan To Network Folder?
- Open HP Printer Assistant and click on the Print, Scan & Fax tab. Now, select Scan and then the Scan to Network Folder wizard.
- Wait until the wizard initiates the process of how to set up scanner on HP Officejet Pro 8710 and opens the Network Folder Profiles window. Click on the New tab and provide the Display Name of your choice for scanning and in the Destination folder field, click Browse next to it.
- Click on New and again enter your Display Name. Access the C: and look for the temp folder or the D: drive on your computer.
- Click on OK and enter Scan to Network folder in the Description field.
- Select Private or Public to share the Scan to Network folder and click on OK.
- Enable the checkbox next to the Display Name and click OK.
- Click the box next to Create a Desktop shortcut to the network folder if you want to save the shortcut on the desktop of your computer.
- Click on Next and the configure page opens so that you can set your preferred scan settings such as Document type, Color Preference, Single or Two-sided, paper size, quality settings, and Filename prefix (which is optional).
- Now on the next page, click on Save and Finish that completes the Scan to Network folder setup.
- Wait till you find the scan to network folder setup successful message on the window and finally, click on Finish and move to the next step of how to set up scanner on HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Now, let us see how to utilize the Scan to Network Folder option from the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer panel.
- On your printer’s control panel, press Scan and then the Network Folder.
- It displays the default settings that was given while setting up the network folder.
- If you wish to change the scan settings, you can do it in the HP Scan software on your computer.
- Before going to the next step, keep the document or photo for scanning on the scanner glass or if using ADF, place only documents.
- Press Touch Preview and touch the document to edit it and then tap Start Scan.
- Let the printer complete the scan process and display a message that the scan is successful.
- Now, you can access your computer for retrieving the scanned item in the destination folder that you provided.
- From your Windows explorer, open the drive where you have created the Scan to Network Folder and view the saved scan file and finish the process of how to set up scanner on HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.