How To Setup HP Officejet Pro 8720
This document will help you unbox and set up the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer. The printer features an Automatic document feeder (ADF) that allows printing, scanning or copying quickly without having to put the paper into the machine manually each time. USB flash drive port, Double-sided printing, Double-sided scanning, Optional high-capacity trays, touchscreen are some of the advanced features of the printer. Unbox the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and unwrap the printer from the plastic bag. Check all the accessories and remove the unwanted plastic covers. Set the box aside for recycling, all recyclable packing materials. Find below the quick steps for how to setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
Simple Steps To Unbox The HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer
- Take the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer out of the carton, and keep all the accessories aside and place the printer on the table.
- Remove all the packing materials from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Connect the printer to a power source using the supplied power cord.
- Now, power on the printer and input all the required details like region and language.
- Pull out the input tray from the printer and load enough paper into it.
- Keep the output tray extended.
- Open the access door to the cartridge access area.
- Unpack the ink cartridges without touching the nozzles or electrical contacts. Fix each ink cartridge one after the other in the respective slots.
- Perform the cartridge alignment.
Detailed Steps To Set Up The HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer
- For how to setup HP Officejet Pro 8720, first remove the printer from the plastic bag. Remove all the blue colored protective tapes, clear the protective plastic and styrofoam from the printer. Turn the printer and remove the tape from the back and sides.
- Lift the scanner lid, remove the styrofoam sheet, and then close the scanner lid. Slide out the input paper tray and remove the tapes and other packing materials like cardboard paper. Push the tray back into the printer.
- Now, connect the power cord to the rear power port of the printer. Connect the other end of the cord into a wall outlet and then power ON the printer. From the printer touchscreen control panel, you will have to choose the language and then touch Yes to confirm your choice. Select the region or country you live in.
- Set the date & time and touch Continue. Now, click on Continue Setup, you can set up the print environment as Self-Managed or IT-managed. Choose Self-Managed and then click on Continue. The message will appear prompting you to install the cartridges. Lift the ink cartridge access door and push it back until it locks to a position.
- Remove the plastic from the bundled cartridge. Start with installing the cyan ink cartridge. Push in the cartridge until it snaps into place. Repeat the same steps for installing Magneto, yellow and then black, in order, in the respective slots. After installing all the cartridges, close the access door.
- Now, the printer prompts you to load paper. Slide out the input tray and pull it out. Load unused, plain white paper in the tray and then adjust the width and length guides accordingly. Touch OK and then continue to initialize the printer. The printer will print the printhead alignment paper.
- Now the printer will prompt you to Initialize the printer which will take up to 7 minutes. Click on the Continue option to set up and initialize the printer. Now, click on the More Info option and then click on the Manual Setup option to continue.
- Choose the Wireless method under the Connection methods, and the printer will search for nearby wireless routers. Select your preferred wireless Wi-Fi network from the list of detected networks. Input your password and click OK to continue with the process of how to setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. Your printer will try to connect with the network. The confirmation message will pop up stating Connection Successful, press the OK option.
- Click on the Install Automatically option under the printer Update options. You can set up the software for your printer from Windows/Mac computer or your Smartphone. On your system, open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- Go the official manufacturer’s site. Scroll down to the Download option, search for your printer model, and select the Software and Driver Downloads option from the list of menus available. Provide the correct operating system and version, and download the suitable driver. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of how to setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.