How To Setup Wireless Printer HP Officejet 3830
To set up the HP Officejet 3830 printer to a wireless network, you will require an active broadband access. Before you start the process of how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830, install the necessary driver. To install the driver, you can use the installation CD-ROM provided with the printer. You can also download the HP Officejet 3830 printer driver from the manufacturer’s site. If you have already used the printer on a wired connection, you can launch the HP Printer Setup & Software Utility or use the HP Smart app to change the connection type.
Wireless Setup For The HP Officejet 3830 Printer
- Turn on the HP Officejet 3830 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Link your computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon or open the Setup menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard and it will start to search for the available networks.
- Choose your network name from the list of networks displayed.
- Enter the WEP/WPS pin if prompted and tap Connect.
- Install the software for your printer and choose the connection type as Wireless.
- Go to the Printers & Scanners menu and click Add a Printer.
- Select your HP Officejet 3830 printer from the list displayed.
- Open an image or document on your computer and click Print.
How To Connect HP Officejet 3830 To A Wireless Network
- Turn on the HP Officejet 3830 printer by pressing the Power button. Before you start for how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830, install the necessary printer driver from the link given on this website. You can also install the HP Officejet 3830 printer driver using the installation CD-ROM provided with the printer package.
- During the printer driver installation, choose the connection type as Wireless. You can follow the prompts appearing on the screen to finish the wireless setup. When asked to choose your wireless network name, click on it. Enter the WEP key for your Wi-Fi network and click Connect.
- Now, on your printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless icon and select the Setup menu. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard and it will search for the available networks. From the list of networks displayed, select your network name and tap Connect.
- If you are prompted to enter the WEP or WPS pin, enter the pin and select Connect. Note that the WEP pin is case-sensitive. Therefore, ensure that you are entering the correct password and move to next step of how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830.
- If you have already used the HP Officejet 3830 printer through a USB cable, search the Windows computer for HP and then select the name of your printer. On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Tools or Utilities in the menu bar.
- Select Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software and click Convert a USB Connected Printer to Wireless. You can also make use of the HP Smart app to change the connection type. On the home screen, select the Make Printing Easier by Connecting Your Printer Wirelessly option.
- If you are using a Mac computer, launch the HP Utility software to change the connectivity type. Open the Finder menu and click Go. Select Applications and open the HP folder.
- Double-click the HP Utility folder to open it. Select Wireless Setup from the All Settings tab to launch the utility. Click Print Using menu and select your printer’s name to complete the setup.
- If the Wireless Setup menu is not displayed on your Mac computer, you can add the printer using the System Preferences menu. Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners and search for your printer’s name in the list.
- If your printer’s name is displayed, select Add Printer or Scanner and click your printer’s name. Select the Print Using menu and click the name of your printer to complete the procedure of how to setup wireless printer HP Officejet 3830.